Assistant Manager, Imaging Services
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- SYS Imaging Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 27734-18512
- FTE: 1
- Posted: October 9, 2020
SUMMARY: Supervises the Imaging operation at Alameda Health System.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Explains process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position for examination.
2. Keys test data and patient information into computer of imaging equipment to maintain record of test results.
3. Operates equipment that produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on storage media.
4. Performs other duties as required.
5. Performs standard supervisory functions, including, recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, training, coaching, mentoring, task assignment, performance evaluation, progressive discipline, conflict resolution and allocating staff resources.
6. Plan, organize, and present a course of instruction to student and entry-level sonographers and X-ray technologist.
7. Prepare reports and keep accurate records and files.
8. Recognizes, evaluate, and correct defects in ultrasound/X-ray/MRI/CT techniques.
9. Responsible for daily preparation of radiologic rooms.
10. Responsible for maintenance of supplies used in the technical section of the department and for notifying the chief technician of equipment malfunction.
11. Responsible for daily preparation of radiologic rooms.
12. Responsible for organizing and maintaining clean work area, equipment and inventory.
13. Selects equipment for use in imaging setup according to specifications of examination.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Preferred
Preferred Experience: One years of lead experience; supervisory preferred.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: ARDMS: Registered in two or more anatomical specialties and/or ARRT (R), (CT), (M), (MRI).
Required Education: Sufficient to meet requirements for registry by ARDMS and/or ARRT in CT, X-ray, MRI, or Ultrasound.
Required Experience: Five years experience in performing a variety of imaging examinations.
Required Licenses/Certifications: California RT (R) or Current American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA-American Heart Association.