AHD Manager, Staffing Office
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Nursing Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 27729-18507
- FTE: 1
- Posted: September 25, 2020
SUMMARY: The AHD Manager, Staffing Office will be responsible for the day to day staffing schedule for the nursing staff at Alameda Hospital; ensuring that each shift is appropriately manned. Additionally, they will supervise the Staffing Coordinator and Nursing Services Technicians (NST's) at the facility. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Management of staffing office, to include, selecting, supervising, training and evaluating staff.
2. Responsible for gauging the need for staff members in each medical unit and arranges for personnel to be present for each shift – for the campus 24 hours/day, 7 days/week operations; including registry nurses. Monitors sick/absence calls and ensures they are filled efficiently. Coordinates staff coverage to meet the organizations requirements.
3. Responsible for knowledge of current MOU language and applies it to all staffing decisions.
4. Responsible for system maintenance for multiple staffing applications, including but not limited to: ANSOS, WFX and AWM. Develops good working relationships with Vendors. Alerts Administration when issues arise needing Administrative support and input. Assist in negotiating contracts with outside vendors, consultants or organizations; administer, monitor and evaluate contracts.
5. Provide staffing applications/systems training to Staffing Coordinator and unit managers, as appropriate.
6. Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and priorities for the Staffing Office.
7. Responsible for all aspects of Registry nursing personnel, including contract negotiation, orientation, and ILRS submission - ensuring successful on-boarding and assignment.
8. Prepare cost estimates and justifications for budget; monitor and control expenditures to ensure the accomplishment of objectives within an approved budget; including responsibility of minimizing usage of overtime and agency nurses.
9. Consults with nursing department leadership to ensure that their needs are fulfilled, before a staff crises arises.
10. Works with payroll Timekeeper to verify payroll accuracy.
11. Ensure continuous quality improvement and regulatory readiness of Staffing Office department; supervise the enforcement of applicable nursing standards, codes and regulations, as required.
12. Provide staff assistance to higher level management on nursing or related issues.
13. Represent the department in or chair relevant committees and workgroups.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration or related field preferred.
Minimum Experience: Five years in a staffing office environment, health system experience required.