This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- FMT Activity Therapy
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Allied Health
- Req #: 27760-18533
- FTE: 0.01
- Posted: October 6, 2020
SUMMARY: Under direction, plans, organizes and directs an activity program for patients and does related work as required. Organizes and directs the program of activities for skilled nursing residents and/or acute psychiatric patients. Incumbents work under the lead supervision of an Occupational Therapist. A Chief Occupational Therapist has overall responsibility for the division's activity program. In addition, to normal program activities, the Activity Therapist may supervise volunteers within the division. As a staff member of a multidisciplinary care team, participate in the needs/evaluation of residents/patients.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. In accordance with Title 22 and OBRA regulations, the Activity Therapist will provide recreational activities for all SNF/hospital patients on weekdays, weekends and/or evenings as assigned. Organizes and directs individual or group activities for patients, such as sports, games, parties, musical and dramatic presentations, art/crafts and outings. Other activities, but not limited to, may also include reminiscing, current events, socialization group, grooming, morning stretch/exercise; evaluates the needs and interests of individual patients and assists and encourages them in selecting and participating in recreational activities.
2. Makes ward rounds and attends multi-disciplinary meetings to discuss patients’ progress; attends conferences, training and education workshops and staff meetings; reviews and documents in the patient medical record.
3. Responsible for accurate and comprehensive documentation of interventions in the patients medical record. Responsible for documentation in the following areas as it relates to specific campus.
4. Initial Assessments, Quarterly Reviews, Interdisciplinary Care Plan, Minimum Data Set, and Daily Activities Attendance forms; Patient Activity Log, Progress Notes, Multi-disciplinary Care Plan, Leisure Assessment (Acute Psyche).
5. Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team; collaborative case conference and meets with the multi-disciplinary staff on a regular basis.
6. Provides monthly/quarterly forum for patients/families to discuss problems and ideas they may have about Fairmont Hospital at the Resident Council and Family Council. (Skilled Nursing).
7. Trains and directs volunteers who assists in ward activities; coordinates these activities with the other volunteer programs within the division; participates in-service training and orientation to hospital staff, student nurses and schedules events and orders refreshments and supplies in a timely manner to meet the needs and interests of the patients.
8. May assists the Occupational Therapist in preparing rough budget for needs of recreation activities; requisitions supplies and equipment, food/refreshments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EITHER I Experience: Two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the past five years, one year of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting. OR II Working as an Occupational Therapist, Art Therapist, Music Therapist, Dance Therapist, Recreation Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant. OR III Satisfactorily completed at least 36 hours of training in a course designed specifically for an Activity Therapist and approved by the Department and shall receive regular consultation from an Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant or Recreation Therapist who has at least one-year of experience in a health care setting.