Physician II - Board Certified
- Hayward, CA
- Hayward Wellness Center
- Hayward Wellness Center
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Physicians & Dentists
- Req #: 27510-18324
- FTE: 0.01
- Posted: September 25, 2020
Hayward Wellness Center, part of Alameda Health System, is an outpatient center that serves a diverse patient population in Hayward, CA. As part of Alameda County's safety net, we provide quality, accessible care to our community's most vulnerable patients. Hayward Wellness Center offers full scope adult, pediatric, primary care, women's health services, including gynecology, family planning, obstetric, and prenatal care. We also provide specialty care including orthopedics, optometry, endocrine, rheumatology, and podiatry. We have an on-site lab, behavioral health therapy, nutrition services, and case management. Our providers and staff are dedicated to our patients and would love to welcome others who share our mission!
We are currently recruiting for Services As Needed (per diem) family or adult medicine physicians to join our team. SANs support our primary care providers with coverage and same-day needs.
Some Duties & Essential Job Functions
*Note: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Cares for patients in a compassionate, culturally competent, and patient centered manner.
- Participates in the supervision of Mid-level Practitioners/Certified Nurse Midwives in assigned clinical area.
- Practices evidence based medicine and is up to date with current standards of care.
- Provides cost effective care; manages time and patient flow well when providing direct care to patients and following up on patient related work.
- Stays current with patient care responsibilities. (e.g. lab results, medication refills, and reports, relevant to his/her patients).
- Takes initiative to work well with the clinical team (including Medical Assistants, Clerks, Health Educators, Panel Managers, Nurses and Pharmacy staff, Leaders, etc.) to improve quality of care and service delivery.
- Teaches patients, families and staff; provides counseling services related to promoting good health practices.
- Experience: Completion of an approved residency in an appropriate specialty.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department).
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Possession of a current valid license to practice medicine in the state of California, AND Board Certification in area of specialty.