Central Sterile Processing Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Central Sterile Processing
- Full Time - Evening
- Allied Health
- Req #: 27522-18334
- Posted: September 22, 2020
SUMMARY: With supervision, the Central Sterile Processing Technician coordinates and collaborates the overall cleaning, decontamination, assembly and dispensing of surgical instruments, equipment and supplies needed for daily surgical procedures in surgery and related departments.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Monitors surgery schedules daily, identifying general, specific and potential needs for all cases.
2. Ensures that the Central Sterile team meets the Surgery Department demands for all instruments, equipment and supplies.
3. Monitors and/or initiates repairs; and replacement orders for all essential instrumentation and accessories.
4. Evaluates thoroughness of tray assembly and processing through periodic tray audits.
5. Coaches and works with department members in acquiring new skills and knowledge to improve overall quality and productivity of services.
6. Assists supervisor in the storage and/or allocation of department space for access and activities for efficiency of department operations.
7. Monitors and maintains appropriate records to remain compliant with applicable regulatory agencies, as well as reporting occurrences immediately to supervisors.
8. Maintains strong working/collaborative relationships with other departments to ensure flow and continuity of services.
9. Follows established guidelines for occurrence reporting, reporting medical error or unanticipated outcomes in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
10. Attends in-service presentations and completes mandatory education, including but not limited to infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities listed. Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Experience: 2-3 years with multispecialty or instrumentation preferred. Progressive leadership experience in Central Supply operations preferred.