Clinical Lab Scientist II
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH CLINICAL LABORATORY
- Full Time - Night
- Allied Health
- Req #: 27019-17945
- FTE: 1
- Posted: Yesterday
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs a variety of laboratory tests in multiple areas within the department. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II is capable of independently making decisions on procedural matters and performing the full range of average difficulty tasks without immediate supervision. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Maintains adequate records such as: worksheets, logs, inventory lists, QC checklists, and other as needed data.
2. Performs preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment; performs quality control tests and calibrations on instruments used in testing procedures.
3. Performs required testing of specimens following standardized procedures and policies adopted by the laboratory.
4. Prepares and maintains proper reagents, controls, and standards used in the individuals test procedures.
5. Receives, logs, and processes specimens as required by each area of the laboratory.
6. Supervises and oversees work performed by laboratory assistants and clinical laboratory trainees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Experience: One year of experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist I with AHS; OR the equivalent of two years full-time experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist working under the direction of a licensed Bioanalyst or a Pathologist. Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Bioanalyst in the State of California.