Radiology Technologist III
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Radiology Diagnosis
- Part Time - Evening
- Allied Health
- Req #: 27515-18328
- FTE: 0.5
- Posted: Yesterday
SUMMARY: Under close supervision at the Radiologic Technologist I entry level and under general supervision at the Radiologic Technologist II, Radiologic Technologist III, and Radiologic Technologist IV levels, to perform a variety of duties in the Department of Diagnostic Imaging of the Alameda County Medical Center. Management will make reasonable efforts to train all qualified Technologists according to the operational needs of the organization.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in these classifications; however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in these classifications.
1. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with designate areas or procedures as required
2. Performs all general diagnostic and routine fluoroscopic duties as determined by employer.
3. Produces radiographs, positions and transfers patients. Provides immobilization devices as required.
4. Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis
5. Selects and operates all imaging equipment as directed
6. Develops film by automatic processing and must also be proficient in utilizing the Picture Archival Communications (PACS) System.
7. Provides protection in accordance with prescribed radiation safety standards
8. Assists physician in administering opaque media
9. Responsible for delegated areas of authority in the performance of routine, angiographic and computerized tomography procedures.
10. May be responsible for specific areas of technical instruction in the school of technology, in service training and the training of ancillary personnel.
11. Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination
12. Maintains adequate records as directed
13. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness
14. Secures and returns supplies
15. Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the department
16. Rotates assignments within the department and by assigned shifts as required.
17. Assists in rooming of patients.
18. May be required to assist in the development of technical factors and film selection.
19. May assist in the use of a variety of equipment or procedures not routinely taught
20. May assist in the training of students
21. Performs other related duties as required
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Two years of continuous recent experience as a radiologic technologist II.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA - American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Certification/Competency in at least one specialized area(Mammography, CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Angiography or Picture Archival Communication Systems(PACS) as evidenced by certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or through AHS’s internal program. (******MUST HAVE CT Certification********)
Required Licenses/Certifications: Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the State of California Department of Health Services.
Required Licenses/Certifications: If mammographic examinations are performed, must have valid mammography certification.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid certificate as a Radiologic Technologist issued by the State of California Department of Public Health.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid ARRT Radiologic Technologist certification or equivalent education approved by the state of California.