AHD Unit Secretary
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD West Med/Surg
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Req #: 27474-18293
- FTE: 0.01
- Posted: January 27, 2021
SUMMARY: The AHD Unit Secretary is responsible for performing general secretarial and receptionist duties on the hospital unit to which he/she is assigned. Performs related duties as assigned.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Provides clerical services to and facilitates the communication for the hospital unit to which he/she is assigned.
2. Prepares and maintains accurate and readable designated unit records.
3. Accurately and efficiently prepares, maintains and assures proper disposition of patient charts including filing patient test results, histories and physicals. All test results files to be initialed and dated.
4. Transcribes doctor's orders to Kardex and MAR as indicated and completes all necessary requisitions and chart forms. Faxes orders to appropriate departments in a timely manner and completes order entry by computer.
5. Reviews patient charts to assure that all doctor's orders have been noted.
6. Maintains inventory standards for patient care and stationary supplies.
7. Facilitates communication between nursing staff, physicians, patient's relatives, visitors and other departments and relays information to appropriate persons. On units with intercom systems, answers patient calls and directs requests where necessary.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding patients and all aspects of their hospitalization.
9. Maintains organization of unit desk area.
10. Participates in the unit orientation of new personnel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: High School graduate or GED. Minimum Experience: One year of experience in an acute care or sub-acute setting as a unit secretary/clerk or Certified Nursing Assistant with knowledge of medical terminology.