Manager, Integrated Ambulatory Behavioral Health Services
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Ambulatory Svcs Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 27434-18257
- FTE: 1
- Posted: September 24, 2020
SUMMARY: Plans, administers, manages and evaluates the activities and staff of the Integrated Ambulatory Behavioral Health Services Program.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests ways to develop skills; monitors workflow.
2. Coordinates the assignment of cases, conducts staff meetings and schedules staff to provide for clinic coverage.
3. Provides direct clinical services to patients on a regular basis as well as covering clinical services for staff absences.
4. Holds regular case conferences with clinicians for supervision and consultation.
5. Confers with staff regularly regarding techniques used, case progress and related matters for the purpose of promoting and evaluating professional development and assuring quality of care, as well as reviewing work in progress.
6. Performs other administrative managerial duties including development of staffing model and expense requests to meet program needs.
7. Provides short-term and long-term strategic planning for program design and development; community outreach, patient education and public information duties; inter-agency liaison activities; and research projects.
8. Provides statistical data, operational program reports and chart audits to drive clinical improvements and administrative needs.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work
Required Experience: Three years experience as manager or supervisor in a psychiatric setting or other clinical setting emphasizing the mental health needs of clients with psychiatric problems.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Licensed in the State of California as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).