Clinical Nurse III
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- John George Psychiatric Hospital
- Nursing ER Crisis JGP Psych
- Part Time - Day
- Req #: 26962-17903
- FTE: 0.6
- Posted: October 14, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, to act as lead person for nursing or nursing support personnel and to be responsible for the operation of an assigned area for an 8-hour shift; to plan, implement, and evaluate patient care; and to perform related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Develops, implements, evaluates and modifies an organizational plan for the provision of care for all patients in an assigned area for a given work period.
2. During the course of a shift, makes regular rounds to all patients in assigned area to assess nursing care and status of assignment of personnel; makes reassignment as necessary and provides assistance, teaching, or guidance as needed.
3. Gathers and assesses information about patients to meet nursing needs and to assist and consult with physicians and other professional staff.
4. Develops, implements, evaluates and makes modifications in the nursing care plan; documents or monitors documentation of care given according to mandated criteria and at required intervals.
5. Monitors the regularity of programs providing for infection control, quality assurance, continuity of care, teaching of patients, and coordination of care with other departments.
6. Monitors implementation of standards set by State and National regulatory and/or accrediting agencies; verifies that administrative and personnel procedures are completed accurately; interprets and implements policies, procedures and regulations.
7. Assists immediate supervisor in the preparation of personnel performance records; assists with conducting studies; prepares required records and reports; participates in unit and other meetings.
8. Provides patient care according to established standards and criteria and in conformity with nursing care plans.
9. Participates in promoting a healthful, therapeutic, and safe environment for patients and/or families.
10. Promotes cordial and productive patterns of communication among staff, patients and family members; communicates regularly to immediate supervisor any needs, problems or suggestions.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
Minimum Experience: Two years of experience as a Clinical Nurse II with AHS or the equivalent of three years full-time professional nursing experience in a large acute facility in the clinical area of application. (NOTE: a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school may be substituted for one year of the required experience.)
Required License/Certifications: CCRN - Critical Care Registered Nurse is desirable.
Required Licenses/Certifications: ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - issued by AHA - American Heart Association, may be required per facility or unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Acquire certification in chemotherapy within one year of hire (certain positions only).
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
Required Licenses/Certifications: CEN - Certified Emergency Nurse is desirable (for Emergency Department positions).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Certification as a Public Health Nurse in the State of California (required for certain positions).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Completion of Perinatal Safety Modules within 3 months of hire. Evidence of completion and continuing annual competency must be in the employee file and/or AHS's learning management system (LMS) (for certain positions).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Coronary Care Unit certification (required for certain positions at Fairmont Hospital's Monitoring Unit).
Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and preferred for certain positions in the Emergency Department).
Required Licenses/Certifications: NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification- AHA American Heart Association (required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies).
Required Licenses/Certifications: PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification- AHA American Heart Association (Required for Emergency Department or if overseeing or providing pediatric care on a regular basis).
Required Licenses/Certifications: TNCC -Trauma Nurse Core Course (Required for Emergency department).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.