SLH Supervisor, Pharmacy
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Pharmacy
- Full Time - Varies
- Req #: 27435-18258
- FTE: 1
- Posted: Yesterday
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the site-specific Director of Pharmacy and System-wide Director of Pharmacy Operations, the SLH Supervisor, Pharmacy oversee day to day activities within the Pharmacy Department at AHS Facilities. Provide supervision and functional direction to pharmacist and non-pharmacist employees in all Pharmacy settings. Ensures compliance with State & Federal laws, regulations, and standards regarding the preparation, leabeling and provision of medication and pharmaceutical services, and AHS Pharmacy objectives, policies and procedures. Assists the Director of Pharmacy with the development, implementation and monitoring of strategic initiatives. Performs other duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Responsible for the preparation and assignment of department staff's work schedules and assignments.
2. Makes staffing and scheduling adjustments to meet volume/workload demands to meet operational need.
3. Prepares and/or approves the biweekly payroll.
4. Assists the Pharmacy Director or Manager with the development, implementation and monitoring of pharmacy initiatives.
5. Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day services/activities/functions, including but not limited to drug distribution, drug education, pharmacist clinical activities, outpatient pharmacy services, inventory management, performance measurements, regulatory compliance, employee development and multi-disciplinary team workgroups.
6. Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations, Statewide Pharmacy Operations objectives, policies, and procedures.
7. Participates in designing, implementing and evaluating systems, processes and methods designed to enhance quality, improve service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
8. Directing daily workflow to ensure that all performance, production and quality goals are met.
9. Daily supervision of the staff to ensure accountability and productivity. Ensure that all departmental and AHS policies and procedures are followed.
10. Audit and maintain accurate records for all controlled substances. Assure that all controlled substances are stored and dispensed in compliance with Federal, State and Departmental regulations. Utilize reporting tools to monitor and assess for diversion.
11. Serves as the Pharmacist-In-Charge for San Leandro Pharmacy.
Education: BS in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy. American Society of Health-System Pharmacist, graduation from an ASHP accredited PGY1 Residency preferred.
Minimum Experience: Five years of pharmacy experience preferably two of which that are in a supervisory capacity.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid Pharmacist License issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.