Manager, Central Sterile Processing
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Central Sterile Processing
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 27399-18229
- FTE: 1
- Posted: Yesterday
SUMMARY: Manages the function involving the general maintenance of surgical instruments, equipment and supplies, including decontamination, sterilization, assembly and distribution.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow.
2. Develops and maintains standards in consistent instrument and equipment quality, distribution and availability and compliance with safety and regulatory standards; initiates improvements when necessary.
3. Determines needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
4. Responsible for reporting functions as required, including costing/budgeting (new instruments, replacement etc.), staffing etc.
5. Schedules and coordinates departmental training; manages work programs; oversees on-the-job training.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare-related field.
Required Experience: Five years as a Central Sterile Processing Technician.
Preferred Experience: Two years in a supervisory position within a healthcare environment.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST);
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS).