AHD Sr X-Ray Technologist
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Radiology
- Part Time - Evening
- Allied Health
- Req #: 27241-18112
- Posted: August 6, 2020
SUMMARY: The AH Sr. X-ray Technologist performs general diagnostic examinations as well as functioning in a minimum of one additional specialty area; (CAT-Scan) (Mammography) (Ultrasound). Performs all related duties as required or needed.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Communicates and cooperates with all personnel in the department and in the Hospital; rotates assignments and shifts within the department as required.
2. Monitors and encourages students and other Radiologic Technologists with competencies through observation and spot correction as needed; leading by example with good customer service and leadership skills.
3.. Follows all Hospital and Departmental Policy and Procedures including Universal Precautions, HIPPA and Safety. Assumes responsibility for knowing and following guidelines in the Environmental Health and Safety Binder as well as the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
4. Inspires confidence from patients, visitors, families and colleagues by always performing, communicating and dressing in a professional manner.
5. Follows “timeout” procedure to identify patient and diagnosis - ensuring proper exam is completed.
6. Checks in-patient chart(s), looks for special instructions or precautions (DNR, Isolation, Contact Precautions, etc).
7. Assesses and monitors patient’s condition – immediately reporting any unusual changes in patient condition to nurse, Radiologist, Lead technologist, Manager or physician.
8. Follows prescribed techniques in x-ray using proper cassettes, exposure technique, position, and shielding of patients).
9. Cleans and disinfects room and equipment after each patient use.
10. Understands and practices proper Radiation Safety techniques on each patient.
11. Inspects emergency trays and CRASH Carts as required.
12. Immediately reports all equipment failures or unsafe conditions to manager, or supervisor.
Ensures that notification is put on machine if equipment is not usable.
13. Participates in on-going hospital education classes, department in-services and staff meetings; as well as Continuous Improvement Process.
Education: AMA approved program in Radiologic Technology or ARDMS approved equivalent program.
Education: AA Degree or equivalent from two year college, military or technical school. (Certified Radiology Technologist Program).
Minimum Experience: Minimum 2 years in a hospital setting performing Radiology and/or CT, Mammography, Ultrasound if hired to perform these duties at AH.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Certification in specialty area such as CT, Mammography, Ultrasound.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Radiologic Technologist issued by the State of California Department of Public Health.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the State of California Department of Health Services.
Required Licenses/Certifications: If mammographic examinations are performed, must have valid Mammography certification from CDPH and ARRT-M.
Required Licenses/Certifications: If bone density examinations are performed, must have valid Bone Density certification from CDPH.
Required Licenses/Certifications: If performing Ultrasound must have ARDMS.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS – Basic Life Support Certification – issued by AHA American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: If performing CT, Venipuncture certificate.