Certified Radiologic Technologist - Invasive Specialist
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Interventional Radiology
- Part Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 27148-18042
- Posted: July 31, 2020
SUMMARY: The Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) - Invasive Specialist assists the Radiologist and Cardiologist in the Interventional Radiology/Cardiac Catheterization Lab in the performance of invasive procedures and provides a safe environment for the patient. The Interventional Services CRT assumes responsibility for the acquisition and processing of state-of-the-art imaging as well as the efficient operation of the equipment in the Interventional Radiology/Cardiac Catheterization Lab. The Interventional Services CRT will also participate in monitoring, scrubbing, and circulating duties. This classification reports directly to the Director of Cardiovascular Services. Performs related dueties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Responsible for Quality Control on radiology imaging equipment, fluoroscopy check and radiation protection for the professional staff and Physicians.
2. Functions as a contributing member of the Interventional Radiology/Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory team, working in conjunction with cardiologists, radiologists, registered nurses, and cardiovascular technicians.
3. Provides the technical skills necessary to assist the physician in performing Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Catheterization procedures.
4. Provides a safe environment for the patient during their Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Catheterization procedures
5. May function as a Scrub Assistant, ensuring maximum compliance to principles of aseptic/sterile technique by self and members of the team. Ensures adequate floor and room stock are available for imaging procedures.
6. Assists in the recording, storing, retrieval and analyzing data obtained during the interventional cardiovascular procedures.
7. Assists in monitoring patient. Including but not limited to: Hemodynamic data/ECG/Angiographic data. Recognition of changes of the above, documenting as necessary and reporting to physician and other team members in a time sensitive fashion.
8. Assists with preparation of radiologic and other laboratory equipment to be used during the procedure while adhering to the principles of aseptic/sterile technique. Maintains and evaluates equipment, and troubleshoots equipment as needed.
9. Provides a safe environment for the patient during their stay in the Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Performs circulator duties during invasive procedures in the Lab, including gathering and organizing equipment, instruments and supplies necessary for the performance of Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Radiology procedures, and providing emergency ACLS interventions appropriate to their scope of practice.
10. Assist RN/MD with monitoring for moderate sedation during Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Radiology procedures.
11. Can apply ACLS protocols and emergency drug knowledge during critical situations to ensure patient safety within RT scope of practice.
12. May assist RN/MD with pre-, intra-, and post procedure assessments on all patients to meet nursing needs and to assist and consult with the physician and other professional staff.
13. Provides patient education.
14. Assumes on call duty as assigned. Responds within 30 minutes to the hospital for emergency procedures.
15. Participates in promoting a healthful, safe, and therapeutic environment for patient and families; sets up and controls the environment essential for infection control.
16. Participates in the implementation of patient care standards, infection control standards and quality assurance criteria; assist with conducting studies; participates in unit and other meetings.
17. Contacts physicians and/or other departments to obtain or provide patient information
18. Accompanies, assists, and represents the needs of patients to other providers
19. Contacts physicians and/or other departments to obtain or provide patient information
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology.
Minimum Experience: Three years recent experience in Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory with interventional cardiology/STEMI is required.(One year must be within the last two years). Interventional radiology experience preferred.
RequiredLicenses/Certifications: ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - issued by AHA - American Heart Association.
RequiredLicenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA - American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current California Fluoroscopy permit required.
RequiredLicenses/Certifications: Possess a valid current certificate as a Radiologic Technologist issued by the State ofCalifornia. Valid ARRT Radiologic Technologist certification or equivalent education approved by the state of California.
RequiredLicenses/Certifications: RCIS Eligible preferred - Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist. RCIS eligible within two years of hire. RCIS exam must be taken and passed within 1 year of eligibility.