AHD Registered Nurse, Enterostomal Therapy
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Nursing Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 27233-18108
- Posted: July 30, 2020
Summary: The AHD Registered Nurse, Enterostomal Therapy responsible for providing optimum acute and rehabilitative care for patients with selected disorders of the gastro-intestinal, genito-urinary and integumentary systems. Provides direct care to individuals with abdominal stomas, draining wounds, fistuals, drains or skin breakdown. This specialized care is given independently and in collaboration with nursing colleagues and/or with members of other health disciplines and physicians. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Provides consultation and direct assistance to nursing staff for all patients undergoing ostomy surgery. Serves as a consultant in the management of patients with draining wounds and fistulas.
2. Assesses ostomy patients in regard to current physical and psycho-social needs. Assists patient in problem solving with ostomy managements as related to hospitalization and/or current state of health. Presents any new products or care concepts as applicable.
3. Provides consultation and direct assistance to nursing staff in the management of patients with altered skin integrity secondary to drainage, pressure necrosis or incontinence.
4. Assists staff in maintaining current knowledge and competence in areas of ostomy, wound and skin care. Evaluates ostomy and skin care products and supplies on a continuing basis. Establishes standards of care and protocols for patient population within the realm of the Enterostomal Therapy nurse expertise. Maintains level of competence in Enterostomal Therapy nursing.
Minimum Qualifications: Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required. Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing Preferred. Minimum Experience: Previous clinical experience within area of expertise. Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California. Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association. Required Licenses/Certifications: Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN) Certification upon hire or obtained within 6 months of hire.