Senior Applications (HRIS/Lawson) Analyst
- Oakland, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IS Apps Inpatient
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 27243-18113
- Posted: July 31, 2020
******PLEASE NOTE: OUR IT TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING REMOTELY PER CDC AND ALAMEDA COUNTY SHELTER IN PLACE MANDATE, HOWEVER, ONCE S.I.P. MANDATES ARE LIFTED, THE IT TEAM IS EXPECTED TO RETURN ONSITE, BUT WILL ACCOMMODATE SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS PER LOCAL AND STATE REGULATIONS.*****
SUMMARY: Under general direction of senior management the Senior Applications Analyst implements, supports, and maintains AHS clinical and financial systems. The Senior Applications Analyst has a solid understanding of the medical center’s processes, environment, and assists the customer to fully maximize systems capabilities to meet the institutional goals of quality patient care, cost containment and operational efficiency. The Senior Applications Analyst is responsible for assigned systems and functions and has a clear understanding of how systems interrelate with other patient care and/or financial systems. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Coordinate development of client specifications, testing scripts, training curriculum and project plans for projects of simple to medium scope & complexity; manage focus groups & design groups for area of responsibility in designing and building (and/or configuring) AHS functionality.
2. Develop and manage technical documentation through the proficient use of MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project, or other department approved software tools as needed.
3. Develop and provide on-going support of dictionaries, tables, screens, and parameters to support integrity and functionality of the AHS information systems; advise IS management to provide AHS workflow and system solutions.
4. Identify and manage on-going support for process improvement and patient safety initiatives, in assigned area of responsibility; develop, manage, and maintain system, user, and training documentation; able to work during non-primary shift hours, as needed; provide rotated on-call support; meets service level agreements to the organization.
5. Maintain current knowledge of industry-wide standards for information technology; identifies and takes steps to achieve own educational needs to enhance professional development.
6. Manage and perform troubleshooting activities across all AHS systems, coordinating with customers, other Information System Teams, and vendor representatives as necessary; manage the development of and perform application testing addressing maintenance releases, integrated testing, and fixes.
7. Manage unit/department-based complex projects and cross-functional teams; assist in development of strategies for use of technology and improvement of AHS workflow processes for area of responsibility.
8. Plan and coordinate maintenance of specific system tables, for example, security classes, aggregates, order reference, and charge master.
9. Primary support for complex, enterprise-wide financial and clinical information systems; responsible for design, development, testing, and deployment of AHS functionality for area of responsibility.
10. Recommend and develop solutions to system requirements; collaborate with physicians, nurses, and other groups to create cohesive team approach for development of any medical center information system; collaborate with other medical center project team members to ensure integration of design and functionality.
11. Work across functional boundaries with different constituency groups, e.g. orders, results, clinical documentation, finance, patient billing and patient management to ensure consistency with the AHS functions while also addressing downtime procedures.
12. Works in a self-directed, dynamic, well-organized manner completing deliverables on time, with minimal supervision; demonstrates an ability to perceive and articulate Information Systems goals and objectives in a customer service framework.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Minimum Experience: Minimum six years experience in information technology. Health care information systems (HRIS, Lawson) experience strongly preferred. Clinical credential preferred for clinical system roles. Prior experience implementing a clinical, departmental, hospital, financial, or enterprise information system.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Analyze HRIS data, transactional processing flows, and improves data related processes.
One to three years of data management and/or transactional/processing experience.
Understanding of HR processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules, and benefit procedures in order to ensure correct implementation and maintenance.
Understanding of database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with database reporting tools, preferably Access and Crystal.
Thorough knowledge of MS Excel. Experience with HRIS system(s), preferably Lawson.