AHD Medical Assistant
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Wound Care Center
- Part Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 26008-17159
- Posted: July 29, 2020
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide secretarial, clerical and clinical support to a multi-physician office. This position functions with other office personnel in carrying out standard and complex office procedures and relating to other physician offices, providers and families. This position also serves as the office receptionist for the physician office as needed. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Greets patients and patient's family members. Answers questions and directs as appropriate. Assists patient in completing forms. Obtain and issue authorizations and referrals as needed.
2. Gathers accurate patient demographic information, verifies insurance eligibility, schedules and registers appointments.
3. Processes patient billing according to directions. Maintains knowledge of contracted payers and other revenue sources. Collect and post payments as required.
4. Maintain physician's schedule. Schedule surgeries as requested by physicians.
5. Provides medical assisting services including rooming patients, taking vitals and assisting physician as requested.
6. Works under pressure with constant interruptions – exhibits excellent customer services skills to all customers including patients, physicians, family members and co-workers.
7. Provides office and clinic support as needed to include such tasks as answer phones, arranging interpreter services, stocking and ordering supplies and cleaning/preparing rooms for patients. Uses appropriate organizational skills in setting priorities for work.
8. Complies with established hospital/clinic policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, customer service, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
9. Promotes and contributes to a constructive and positive working atmosphere demonstrated by ability to cooperate with and assist physicians and other staff.
10. Effective problem-solver through active problem identification and collaboration with other staff, physicians, providers, insurers, managers from other departments and hospital administration.
11. Flexible with staffing patterns and resolution of staffing conflicts – a team player.
QualificationsEducation: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Minimum Experience:One year experience in a physician or medical office setting providing reception, scheduling and clinical support.
RequiredLicenses/Certificates: Basic Life Support (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certificates: Medical Assistant certificate or Emergency Medical Technician certificate.