- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Facilities Maintenance
- Full Time - Night
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 27198-18082
- Posted: July 28, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, to maintain and repair building and facilities systems and equipment, including but not limited to, electric systems, steam systems, water and sewage systems, electronic alarm and building operations systems of medical institutions, detention facilities and other public buildings; and to do related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Operate, test, install, repair and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on: mechanical equipment and systems; plumbing systems and components; electrical, electronic, alarm and computer controlled systems; emergency generators and components, fire alarm systems and medical gas systems.
2. Fabricate, install, and repair various metal/sheet metal objects and perform general machine shop work using proper techniques, a wide variety of tools, equipment, and measuring devices.
3. Operate and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, fire alarm systems, medical gas systems, and related equipment in accordance with operations, safety, and regulatory requirements.
4. Operate and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on all boilers and related equipment in accordance with operations, safety, and regulatory requirements.
5. Follow oral and/or written instructions. Read, understand, and work from shop drawings, maintenance manuals and blueprints.
6. Maintain appropriate records. Keep supervisor informed as to status of assignments, emergency and safety situations and other matters which may affect the operation of the department.
7. Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment. Order parts and materials as assigned.
8. Establish and maintain cooperative working relations with employees and the general public.
9. May train, instruct, and/or direct the work of other maintenance personnel, as directed. J
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EITHER I The equivalent of three years in the class of Boiler Room Operator in the Alameda County/Alameda County Medical Center service. OR II The equivalent of one year in the class of Building Equipment Maintenance Worker or Automatic Guided Vehicle Technician in the Alameda County/Alameda County Medical Center. OR III The equivalent of one year in the class of Plant Mechanic in the Alameda County service. OR IV Experience: The equivalent of four years of full-time experience as a stationary or operating engineer responsible for the operation of steam boilers and related equipment, two years of which included experience maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC and control systems.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's license. Possession of a universal CFC (Chloro-Fluoro-Carbon) Certificate, mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency for servicing refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.