Director, Business Intelligence
- San Leandro, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IS Master
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 27248-18116
- Posted: August 8, 2020
SUMMARY: The Director, Business Intelligence provides strategic leadership and tactical direction working collaboratively with stakeholders from Alameda Health System’s clinical, financial, and information technology functions. Responsible for the development, implementation and optimization of a business intelligence strategy and plan focused on Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, and Reporting technologies. Oversees/coordinates the overall architecture, design, development and maintenance of reporting solutions and related business intelligence services. Works closely with stakeholders at all levels to identify and prioritize ongoing technology and process improvements as well as supporting programs/projects, needs assessments, investment plans, and business cases. These initiatives will be delivered on current and emerging BI platforms. Additionally, will be responsible for leading, directing and managing a professional staff comprised of people managers, project managers, analysts, developers and IT specialists, (either through a direct or matrix reporting structure). Performs duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Define an enterprise data platform strategy, establish a reporting architecture and provider corresponding roadmaps.
2. Collaborate with internal business stakeholders (customers), vendors, industry consultants and senior company management to define information needs, develop business cases and priorities, and manage service levels.
3. Create and maintain productive relationships with vendors and consultants to resolve operational issues, secure input and counsel on potential new initiatives, execute approved initiatives, and negotiate software and services contracts.
4. Lead the reporting team to establish the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight.
5. Lead the development of data controls for various data feeds and work with the Integration team to ensure the integrity of data.
6. Develop annual budgets, capital plans and system development plans and monitor performance against plans.
7. Create and communicate clear and compelling vision and strategy for Business Intelligence and communicate vision to staff and business stakeholders. As needed, leading and participating in committees.
8. Approve project initiatives by defining scope, approve resources, manage risk, and maintain budget compliance. Ensure that technology is implemented with a direct understanding of how it will benefit AHS’ overall operations.
9. Participate in data governance processes required to ensure data integrity, information optimization, and performance of the data warehouse.
10. Ensure that technical and process architectures (application and information) are implemented and maintained to support core AHS' business functions.
11. Rationalize current data landscape, including Enterprise Data Warehouse, Epic infrastructure and AHS data assets.
12. Develop an analytic tools data and infrastructure team that provides leadership and excellence in execution for stakeholders, with a focus on developing future leaders. Provide leadership, people management, mentorship and oversight. Lead through subordinate managers and project managers. Select, develop, appraise and motivate staff to accomplish group objectives and requirements. Continuously develop talent to meet the future needs of AHS.
Education: Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline; or a Bachelor of Science degree in a related field with significant development and managerial experience.
Minimum Experience: Seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing complex projects or programs. Prior experience in leading teams, people management and process improvement.