This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Human Resources
- HR Recruitment
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 27167-18058
- Posted: August 5, 2020
We currently have openings for Recruiters with Alameda Health System (AHS)! This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in your community, by matching candidates with their new careers, and matching hiring leaders with their newest team members.
As a Recruiter with Alameda Health System, you will provide top-level service and timely communication to candidates and leaders as you guide them through the entire recruitment process: from initial posting through to an accepted offer. You will develop and implement creative recruitment strategies for clinical, allied health and/or professional roles, proactively identifying when additional sourcing and advertising strategies are needed to reach target candidates.
You will partner with a variety of stakeholders to provide a continuous pipeline of talent for Alameda health System’s opportunities. By staying connected with the community, you will engage in career fairs and other recruitment events to promote and advertise AHS opportunities.
NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Conducts focused recruitment sourcing/candidate identification and outreach tactics utilizing a variety of strategies; ATS, social media tools (LinkedIn), healthcare databases, web based tools (research, ZoomInfo, etc.) and ebased tools (targeted email marketing campaigns, cold and warm calls, etc.). Establishes contacts with in community through membership and participation in activities of professional societies.
- Consults with managers to determine projected needs of short term and longer workforce planning and recruitment needs.
- Coordinates annual planning for and with participation in targeted local, regional or national recruitment events; coordinates job fairs, open house events and professional associations and group meetings.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to identify and source qualified candidates (pipeline pools).
- Develops and maintains relationships with training institutions, colleges, universities, medical schools (residency programs) and other key school affiliated programs and placement officers, and health care employment services to build the pipeline of candidates.
- Develops and provides complete and accurate information to candidates about the organization and position (website, candidate information packets and other key AHS marketing/communications materials).
- Develops policies and procedures relevant to staff; develops retention strategies, including planning opportunities for candidates to visit and tour the medical center, arranges interviews for the most promising candidates with managers and supervisors.
- Develops, maintains, analyzes, and disseminates management statistics, reports (metrics and dashboards) and information related to the recruitment of staff, including necessary reporting for department and hiring managers/clients.
- Functions as an expert consultant and administrative resource for the management team and staff on recruitment planning efforts and issues (recruitment strategy development, prospecting and sourcing, mining, evaluation and selection, cultivation of talent, offer negotiation, and other client management development activities, etc.).
- Maintains expenditures so that budgetary constraints are adhered to in projecting costs for advertising, promotional and marketing activities; allocates recruiting resourcesbetween advertising and placement fees for higher-level positions and job fairs or college recruiting for new graduates.
- Makes presentations before junior colleges, universities, and other specialty schools and community groups regarding AHS job opportunities; develops outreach and advertising for newspapers, journals, web based posting sites and key targeted professional associations.
- Manages and coordinates all communication with candidates; conducts initial screening (paper, telephone or in person) and interviews with all candidates presented to the hiring managers utilizing targeted and behavioral-based and targeted interviewing methodologies (Hay, DEI, etc.); also verifies licenses; checks academic records and references, and provides appropriate and competitive and meaningful salary recommendations and solutions.
- Participates on related nursing, allied health, business, and physician committees, and participates any necessary staff exit interviews.
- Promotes compliance with Federal, State and local regulatory standards and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Organizations.
- Provides career coaching and counseling to employees and functions as a resource person to the staff; provides procedural information regarding examinations and related matters for career development.
- Receives and reviews job requisitions for vacant positions and ensures that all initial process steps occur to begin to effectively establish a meaning business/client relationship to support hiring managers with recruitment efforts in timely and efficient manner.
- Researches and documents effectiveness of various recruitment approaches and strategies and implements necessary changes.
- Sets goals, plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and evaluates the activities of the nursing, allied health, business, management and physician recruitment/retention programs based on AHS needs and specialized qualifications for the anticipated positions.
- Through effective recruitment business/client relationship, partners and provides regular updates and communications with operating departments to understand and identify recruitment immediate and future needs.
Required Experience: 2 years of sourcing or full-cycle recruiting experience including working with Applicant Tracking Systems and CRM tools.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in related field
Preferred Experience: Experience recruiting within an acute care, clinical or related healthcare environment; experience in partnering with community organizations and facilitating recruitment events.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.