AHD Associate Administrator - Park Bridge
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Park Bridge
- PB Hospital Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 27222-18101
- Posted: August 3, 2020
SUMMARY: The Associate Administrator provides direct day-to-day functions of the facility in accordance with the current federal, state, county, and local standards that regulate long-term care. The Associate Administrator will oversee and implement the facility's quality assurance, staff development, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance programs. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Plans, develops, organizes, and directs the facility's quality assurance program; plans, modifies, and maintains the facility's HIPAA compliance program as the HIPAA Compliance Officer
2. Promotes and enforces the policies and procedures that govern the operation of the facility; interprets the facility's policies and procedures to staff, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies; assures that all employees, visitors, an the general public follow established policies and take action to correct violations
3. Maintains a good public relations program that serves the best interest of the facility and community; maintains an excellent relationship with the medical staff and other professional and supervisory staff
4. Attends workshops, seminars, an educational sessions to keep updated on changes in the long-term care industry
5. Reviews accidents and incidents and makes recommendations for an effective safety program; performs the necessary duties of the facility's Abuse Coordinator. This includes, but is not limited to, carrying out the facility's abuse and prevention protocol by initiating and coordinating abuse and neglect investigations; reviews resident complaints and grievances and makes written reports of action taken
6. Assists the social services designee and the director of nursing in pre-screening potential new residents
7. Supervises and evaluates office/administrative staff conformance to facility policies, procedures, and regulations; responsible for quarterly meetings – sets dates and attendance for required committee members; assume administrative responsibility if the administrator is not available
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related field required, Master's degree in health care management or business administration preferred.
Minimum Experience: Five to seven years work experience in long term care operations.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid California Nursing Home Administrator license or actively pursuing a California Nursing Home Administrator's license is required.