This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Outpatient Psychiatric Srvcs
- Full Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 26983-17919
- Posted: July 29, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general direction, provides psychological services in the counseling, diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of patients with mental and emotional disorders; prepares reports on cases assigned relating to disposition and planning of treatment; conducts group and individual therapy; does outreach; administers and interprets psychological tests. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Administers a wide variety of standardized and special tests; prepares reports including results of tests, diagnosis, prognosis, and other findings relevant to future planning and disposition of cases.
2. Attends staff meetings for review of cases in progress and for program evaluation; attends training sessions relating to professional developments; confers with other departments and agencies regarding patients referred by them; provides consultative services to a wide range of community programs and agencies.
3. Directs and evaluates the work of students and/or trainees, and may supervise other staff for clinical licensing purposes without formal supervisory responsibilities.
4. Makes psychological evaluations of assigned cases; determines appropriate diagnostic procedures and tests to be used; do outreach and conduct clinical interviews with clients and other interested persons to develop information pertinent to diagnosis and treatment.
5. Performs psychotherapeutic counseling in group, individual, and family situations; confers with senior staff members on unusual problems of interpretation and implications drawn from diagnosis and therapy; assists in research project.
Education: PhD or PsyD from an APA-approved school or university training program, or regionally recognized school or university, following APA guidelines for clinical psychology; or verification of acceptance of a doctoral dissertation and completion of all other requirements for a PhD or PsyD from an APA approved school or university training program, or regionally accredited school or university following APA guidelines for clinical psychology.
Minimum Experience: One year of supervised clinical experience in a pre-doctoral and post-doctoral APA- approved internship program or its equivalent (e.g. APPIC or CAPIC member programs).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Licensed as a Psychologist in the State of California.
Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department).