Director, System Admissions Transfer Center
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- System Admission Transfer Center
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26976-17910
- Posted: July 21, 2020
SUMMARY: Provides system-wide strategic and operational direction to the System Admissions Transfer Center.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow.
2. Reviews completed analysis re workload, call distribution and customer service performance; adjusts operations as necessary.
3. Provides executive management with progress reports re continual plans of action, timetables, cost projections, risk mitigation etc.
4. Directs the overall effort to reduce improve workflows and eliminate inefficiencies within the SATC.
5. Represents SATC both internally and externally (board meetings, county functions, internal gatherings etc.)
6. Accomplishes special projects by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
7. Keeps abreast with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions..
8. Partners with information systems counterparts to integrate processes and procedures where feasible.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field.
Required Experience: Seven years within a healthcare environment; three years supervisory experience within a healthcare environment.