Supervisor, Complex Care
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Health Home & Complex Care
- Full Time - Day
- Care Management
- Req #: 27013-17940
- FTE: 1
- Posted: September 25, 2020
SUMMARY: Provides supervision for the Complex Care teams at AHS’s Wellness Centers.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Directs and reviews work of RNs, Social Workers and Community Outreach Workers on the complex care teams and ensures work is in keeping with best practice and in alignment with contractual requirements.
2. Performs standard supervisory functions, including, time keeping recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, training, coaching, mentoring, task assignment, performance evaluation, progressive discipline, conflict resolution and allocating staff resources.
3. Coordinates and trouble shoots referrals to the complex care team, documenting results and how they are compared to desired outcomes.
4. Communicates with the primary care team to optimize program integration into clinic operations.
5. Identifies team resource and education needs.
6. Reviews team documentation and conducts quality reviews and confers with the Quality team to improve/streamline processes/procedures.
7. Maintains complex care team dashboard.
8. Actively initiates tests of change for quality improvement.
9. Acts as liaison between complex care and payors.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Experience: Five years providing care management for complex, medically fragile patients.
Preferred Experience: One year in a supervisory or team leadership role; experience providing leadership to interdisciplinary, ambulatory care management teams.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of California.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Public health nursing certificate; LCSW.