AHD Kitchen Helper
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Dietary Services
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 26955-17895
- FTE: 0
- Posted: September 25, 2020
SUMMARY: The AHD Kitchen Helper for Alameda Hospital assists with the preparation and service of food using proper food handling and food safety techniques. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in
this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties
listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Ensures that an adequate supply of food, supplies, etc. is available at all times. Reports inadequate stock levels to the supervisor immediately. Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner; maintains the security of the department.
2. Ensures that food is served in an attractive and appetizing manner. Ensures the proper quantity of food is prepared and/or pre-portioned as directed and within established time schedules. Delivers meals and snacks to designated areas according to established time schedules.
3. Ensures that refrigerator/freezer temperatures are within the appropriate range. Records temperatures on appropriate logs and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor immediately.
4. Keeps work area clean during preparation and service of food. Maintains equipment in clean and safe operating condition. Reports all equipment problems to supervisor promptly. Cleans according to established policies while utilizing proper chemicals.
5. Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records temperatures of food according to established procedures.
6. Prepares and/or pre-portions food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu for meals and snacks. Utilizes standardized recipes to prepare food. Prepares food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations.
7. Serves resident meals/snacks accurately in accordance with the planned menu, the resident's diet order, and food preferences; uses portion control utensils during the preparation, pre-portioning, and service of food; labels, dates, and stores food according to established policies.
8. Washes dishes according to established procedures for manual or automatic dishwashing. Records water temperatures and/or sanitizer on designated logs. Reports any problems with proper water temperature or sanitizer to the supervisor immediately. Performs duties using proper infection control techniques and using protective equipment; assists in receiving, storing, and verifying invoices for incoming food, supplies, etc.
9. Ensures correct pricing is rung up in cash register. Correct change is given to customers. Maintain proper security of cash at all times.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent required (waived for incumbent employees)
Required Minimum Experience: Experience in food service desired
Preferred Licenses/Certification: Serve Safe certification.