Clinical Quality Improvement Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Quality Assurance
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 26958-17899
- Posted: July 17, 2020
SUMMARY: The Clinical Quality Improvement Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring, and improving clinical care and services at the hospital. This position is responsible for leading multiple large scale, organization wide, performance improvement initiatives. This role combines the clinical expertise required to change practice with the leadership skills to influence clinical processes, systems, and outcomes. This position will examine effective Models of care delivery for opportunities for optimization and to decrease waste within the systems of care. Identifies opportunities for organizational wide improvements based on evidence based practices, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements, and data analysis of high risk, high volume and/or problem prone processes. This position is responsible for negotiating timelines and priorities for projects, coordinating action plans, and monitoring/analyzing results for projects that are consistent with the organization's strategic goals and imperatives. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Advises on the appropriate use of quality improvement tools and methodologies, such as PDCA, Lean, Six Sigma, and Statistical Process Control Analysis.
2. Evaluates data, makes judgments, and recommendations regarding quality improvement work, including but not limited to resource utilization, physician practice patterns, and clinical pathway effectiveness. Designs and develops dashboards and other innovative data visualization using business intelligence tools.
3. Identifies, designs and implements new processes and clinical care, based on evidence, to continually improve patient care and outcomes and to achieve performance targets.
4. Performs data analysis; creates & interprets data displays, including clinical, cost, and patient satisfaction data. Works collaboratively with Information Technology (IT) Informatics team, Finance, Enterprise Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence team, and others to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the data that is utilized. Utilizes Microsoft programs, Crystal Reports, MIDAS, Business Objects, University Healthcare Consortium (UHC), and other applications & databases.
5. Performs, coordinates, and facilitates quality improvement, patient safety activities, and clinical effectiveness initiatives for assigned projects to achieve unit/service goals, working collaboratively with physicians and staff of designated unit/service.
6. Provides content knowledge in the interpretation, implementation, and maintenance of standards to match external requirements (e.g., Joint Commission, CMS, Title 22).
7. Provides guidance in understanding and using AHS data models & systems, and acts as resource in the interpretation and use of data generated and utilized by the department.
8. Reviews AHS Accreditation, Risk, Safety and Quality/Performance Improvement Department quality goals to identify opportunities for improvement and to ensure current projects are working to meet organizational goals.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
Minimum Experience: Three years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current licensure in the State of California as a registered nurse.