AHD Activities Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Sub-Acute
- Full Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 26898-17855
- Posted: July 2, 2020
SUMMARY: Develops program of activity therapy to meet the needs and varying levels of care of a diverse resident population. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Performs comprehensive assessment for each resident. Documents resident response to care plans and evaluates individual resident activity. Completes MDS and RAPS in a timely manner, utilizing observation and assessment/monitoring tools. Ensures all resident activity documentation is complete, timely and reaches a conclusion on how to proceed with plan of care.
2. Utilizes programs including music therapy, pet therapy and aroma therapy to reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression, aggression and pain. Utilizes the environment to provide both comfort and stimulation to the residents.
3. Supports residents' needs and desires through one-on-one interaction, small group activity and large group meetings. Provides a venue for resident activism through the Resident Council process; communicates expressed desires and concerns of those residents to Associate Administrator and appropriate department heads. Takes minutes at and keeps record of Resident Council meetings and ensures proper follow through occurs in response to the Residence Council concerns.
4. Supervises activity assistants. Develops and maintains community volunteer efforts.
5. Assists residents to and from activities. Arranges off-site activity trips. Assists residents orienting to facility and ensures transportation/assistance for activities.
6. Collaborates with the rehabilitation department to arrange activities that promote functional independence. Collaborates with social services to provide intervention strategies for residents with evident psychosocial concerns. Maintains good communication with other departments as appropriate and consults with Interdisciplinary Team on residents who may have behavioral disturbance.
7. Maintains equipment and purchases supplies staying within both labor and expense budgets.
8. Develops an activity program that is meaningful to residents and addresses multiple levels of care and develops programs appropriate for high and lower functioning residents. Seeks resident input in program developed.
9. Member of the IDT team.
10. Interviews and assesses each resident within five days of admission (and quarterly as needed) and completes the Activity Assessment Record. Identifies individual interests of each resident and develops a care plan entry which reflects these interests and establishes interventions to meet the goals.
11. Develops schedules and implements an activity program and develops a monthly activity calendar designed to meet individual and group needs for the total population, including activities for the residents unable to leave their rooms. Provides a wide range of activities which include opportunities for: productive and purposeful activities, socialization, educational and intellectual pursuits, religious activities, functional restorative activities and decision-making activities. Maintains a calendar of activities in a conspicuous place.
12. Maintains appropriate records which include: individual activity plan incorporated with resident care plan, progress notes in the resident record at least monthly, daily attendance/participation records and a list of patients unable to participate and materials/supplies ordered and used in the program.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Education Preferred: B.S. in Recreation Therapy.
Minimum Experience: Two years' experience as an Activity Coordinator in a long term care setting preferred.
Certification Required: California Certified Activity Director or Certified Recreation Therapist.