This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Eastmont Wellness Center
- Eastmont Dental Health Serv
- Full Time - Day
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- Req #: 26942-17887
- Posted: July 8, 2020
SUMMARY: Under direction, the Dental Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of dental services at the Ambulatory clinic locations, which includes developing and implementing clinical policies and procedures, coordinating and evaluating dental services to ensue compliance with ACS standards of care, administering direct patient care and overseeing all aspects of dental program quality assurance. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Administers, directs and supervises all dental services for AHS to assure appropriate patient care pursuant to the highest community standards, including the development and implementation of clinical standards of care; evaluates dental equipment; makes clinical recommendations and stays informed with trends and contemporary methodologies of oral health care delivery.
2. Assists in the establishment of and oversees record-keeping, auditing, policies, procedures and other quality assurance standards as required by County, State, and Federal laws. Formulates ambulatory dental care practices as needed for ACPC approval. Works with the clinic managers to ensure dental clinic regulatory compliance with requirements of: The Joint Commission, the California Health Facilities Commission, the California State Board of Dental Examiners, the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, professional review organizations and other applicable regulatory or review bodies.
3. Assures appropriate credentialing and proctoring of all dental staff pursuant to the requirements of AHS Medical Staff bylaws.
4. Attends ACS Management, Ambulatory Care Practices Committee (ACPC), Quality Improvement Team, Quality Review Committee meetings, and other professional meetings. Maintains clear channels of communication with the dental staff and ACS managers. Functions as a liaison between Ambulatory clinics, and other AHS services.
5. Oversees the fulfillment of Personal Services Contracts for contractual dental services; prepares and manages the Unit’s budget, ensures charge documents for professional services are rendered at all service sites; develops cost effective systems maximizing the use of existing resources, performs operational/financial forecasts and plans for financial variances.
6. Provides direct and/or indirect supervision of all professional and paraprofessional dental staff and support staff.
7. Provides direct patient care services including consulation and triage with dental patients for outpatient services and emergency consultations.
8. Provides technical, consultative and in-service educational programs for nursing and other allied health staff and as requested by the Ambulatory Care Services Medical Director.
9. Schedules dental staff at Ambulatory Dental Clinics.
10. Serves as a mentor to staff.
11. Serves as the dental representative for the Alameda Health Consortium.
Education: Doctoral degree in Dental Medicine.
Minimum Experience: Five plus years full-time experience in a dental program, clinic or hospital setting. Two plus years of this experience should have been in an administrative or supervisory capacity in a public health, ambulatory or hospital based dental program; extensive experience with Pediatric Dentistry or completion of specialty program residency in Pediatric Dentistry is required
Required Licenses/Certifications: Possession of a valid license to practice Dentistry in the State of California.