Director, Supply Chain & Environmental Svcs
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Materials Management
- Full Time - Varies
- Req #: 26852-17820
- FTE: 1
- Posted: September 25, 2020
Job Summary: Under general direction, the Director, Supply Chain & Environmental Services oversees, supervises and coordinates operations of Housekeeping/Environmental Services & the Materials Management Division and its activities, including: Supply Logistics, Laundry/Linen, Duplication and Mail Services, Distribution and Receiving Services, Forms Management, Purchasing, Contracts, and Value Analysis Teams to ensure a safe, sanitary, efficient, and high quality operation and environment that complies with all regulatory and AHS requirements; performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Acts as the Chair of the AHS Value Analysis Committee and coordinates the evaluation, analysis, and acquisition of medical supplies, Hospital and Clinic equipment.
2. Develops and implements systems, compliance controls, and policies and procedures related to procurement, inventory control, receiving and storage, distribution, printing, mail transport, environmental services, contracting, vendor management, vendor service verifications, supervision, training, labor resource management, scheduling, budget development, budget evaluation, variance analysis, productivity monitoring, and quality assurance to improve productivity and efficiency of Materials Management and Environmental Services operations.
3. Develops, maintains, and enhances automated procurement, inventory handling, equipment tracking, patient charge collection, bed turn overs, rounding oversight, advanced distribution, low/no inventory stockless replenishment, Just-In-Time Low Unit of Measure stocking, and other organizational and information systems for support of Materials Management and Environmental Services and improvement in service and productivity.
4. Establishes processes for streamlined, reliable, and efficient supply acquisition/procurement, replenishment and correct storage of supplies for all departments and partners with departments to identify, design, and provide direction for supply cost reduction activities for the most cost-effective approach to maintaining facilities.
5. Maintains excellent interdepartmental and intradepartmental relationships at all levels of the organization by providing the highest level of services, management assistance and open communication.
6. Maintains standards of cleanliness and safety for environmental services and materials management as mandated by all applicable regulatory agencies, including by not - limited to: Joint Commission, California State Department of Health Services, CAL OSHA, and CMS.
7. Participates in committees and task forces, and completes duties as assigned.
8. Provides executive leadership to all coordinators, Supervisors, Managers, and Team Leaders and expertly oversees and tracks personnel management in the areas of labor relations, recruitment, hiring, goal setting, annual and ongoing performance evaluation, annual and ongoing orientation, annual and ongoing training, team building, mentoring, coaching, counseling, and terminations.
> Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care correlated field; Master's degree highly desired.
Minimum Experience: Any combination of education and work experience correlating to Five years experience with Materials Management, Environmental Services and/or Healthcare Operations improvement and oversight.
Minimum Experience: Two years management or direct supervisory experience.