AHD Senior Speech Language Pathologist
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Rehabilitation
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 26808-17783
- Posted: June 24, 2020
SUMMARY: The AHD Senior Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) helps oversee the Speech Therapy Department operations under the guidance and supervision of the Rehabilitation Manager. Supervises SLPs, develops treatment plan and treats Speech Therapy inpatients and outpatients. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assists the Rehabilitation Manager in any or all administrative departmental functions as related to SLP. May assume responsibility for the Rehab Department in the absence of the Manager.
2. Supervises and advises staff SLP and other supportive personnel to assure highest quality of patient care and service to Alameda Hospital.
3. Evaluates, develops treatment plan and treats SLP inpatients and outpatients.
4. Performs Bedside Swallow assessments and Modified Barium Swallow assessments. Communicates assessment findings with Nursing, physicians, patients and family.
5. Confers and communicates with referring physicians, support staff, therapists, department manager and other departments such as Radiology and Nursing.
6. Communicates with family, case managers, health insurers as appropriate.
7. Oversees SLP Department operational flow including supplies, staffing, scheduling and organization and maintenance of SLP Department work process.
8. May serve on hospital committees and represent the SLP Dept in interdepartmental activities
9. Attends, participates and contributes to in-service educational programs and performance improvement process.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree from an approved school of Speech Language Pathology.
Minimum Experience: Two years of full-time experience as a SLP.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid licensure with the California Board of Speech Language Pathology or license applicant.