Administrative Medical Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Physician-Internal Medicine
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26894-17852
- Posted: June 8, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general direction of the assigned Physician Leader, the incumbent provides administrative support to Physicians utilizing knowledge of medical terminology and procedures in a hospital, clinic or laboratory environment. Provides a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to an organizational unit. May assist in the preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations, staff changes, etc. May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company regarding administrative issues related to purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations. May screen and interview job applicants and orient new employees. Performs other duties as assigned.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assists with development of research projects, manuscripts preparation, hospital, regional and national presentation including power points, handouts, CVs, editing and ongoing communications and follow up with peer review journals and submissions.
2. Compiles a variety of narrative and statistical reports and/or publications, researching sources of information, devising and archiving forms to secure data, and determining proper format for finished reports; research and establish proper procedures requested by publisher for publication submittal.
3. Conversion /creation of the Division Syllabus. (i.e. Cardiology, Pulmonary G.I., Oncology, Internal Medicine, etc. syllabi) to electronic versions accessable by all; maintain the division's syllabus.
4. Coordinates and prepares the collection of articles for the division's syllabus including preparation and maintenance of the electronic format, distribution monthly to trainees at all levels on the division's rotation and updating and revising annually. (Current version over 2000 pages.)
5. Coordinates attending and weekend coverage. This involves processing, expediting and credentialing of new staff, coordinating and expediting clearance for employee health process, parking, and facility and IT access. Assist physicians with any timekeeping issues or submissions. Coordinates physician availability for all requested and required meetings as well as coordinates and finalizes division Attending, division weekend, Fellowship schedules. Responsible for updates and distribution within AHS and its Communications Department and maintains AMION website for assigned division. Also coordinates payroll for weekend attending with outsidecontractors.
6. Coordinates develops and administers correspondence, attendance minutes, agendas and action items for assigned divisions and division commitee. Also maintains and updates policy and procedure, attendance, handouts, corresponding documentation for all divisional committees including correspondence both for divisional, departmental and outside agencies in accordance with and subject to Joint Commission Review. This also includes coordinating multiple physician and administrative calendars, advising physicians and administration of appointments, direct communication with physicians and administration, coordinating room reservations and preparation, preparing notices and agendas and preparing said documents needed for said meetings.
7. Coordinates purchasing activities for Division. Reviews and submits requisitions for completeness and accuracy following up on reimbursements as needed confirming all requisitions and special orders. Performs office administrative tasks, maintain inventory of supplies and forms, equipment maintenance, all aspects of data collections and filing, and updates internal procedures and forms according to AHS regulations.
8. Create and update website of assigned divisions, including photos, bios and fellowship information; convert transparencies to PowerPoint presentations for division members; ensure that all division protocols and policies are correctly placed and available on the AHS intranet & PolicyTech.
9. Informs and facilities changes in department and hospital policy and procedures for ACGME, JACHO and other national standards to fellows and faculty.
10. Maintains and tracts California licensing and hospital requirements for division Attendings.
11. Performs all aspects of patient scheduling including but not limited to: direct contact with patients regarding appointments and referrals, collect and provide Physicians pertinent data such as lab, radiology and pathology results; transcribe medication requests and act as a liaison with internal and external pharmacies, triaging patient issues/concerns to Physicians obtaining translation services as applicable.
12. Prepares and compiles reports from various information systems and data bases regarding complex, sensitive and confidential information to implement change for administrative concerns, policies, procedures, functions and operations.
13. Prepares and maintains master lists for various division exams updating and distributing exams as needed monthly. Provide all phases of clerical support to various committees and its members, Division Chief and attendings.
14. Works as AHS Fellowship Coordinator. This involves: scheduling and coordinating Fellowship interviews and calendar of events for the fellowship program, orientation and credentialing for fellows, coordination of monthly schedule for AHS rotations, compilation and tracking of evaluations forms monthly assuring completion of evaluations by attending as needed, trouble shooting administrative concerns for fellows during their rotations.
Education: Associate's degree or some college coursework required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Three years of administrative experience, healthcare environment preferred.