Administrative & Project Assistant
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Hospital Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26892-17851
- Posted: June 9, 2020
SUMMARY: Under the general direction the incumbent supports, coordinates, implements and/or manages a variety of key departmental projects. This position performs operational and administrative support duties and other related duties as required for the leaders in assigned function. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Acts as a liaison for the assigned unit with other AHS departments, representatives of other organizations, program participants and the public; requests and provides information regarding program rules, regulations and activities.
2. Compiles figures for the preparation of the unit’s budget; makes standard projections for payroll and other costs; inputs data and produces draft and final budget documents; during the budget year, reviews expenditure reports and processes fund transfers as required.
3. Coordinates purchasing activities; reviews requisitions for completeness and accuracy; Ensures appropriate coding and availability of funds; follows-up on requisitions with Purchasing; processes confirming requisitions and special orders.
4. Maintains accurate records and files related to work performed. Maintains time keeping records for staff and ensure management approval for worked, vacation and sick time documentation.
5. For LTC; Insures accurate Monthly and Quarterly regulatory reporting for Long Term Care requirements for patient length of stay, nurse:patient care time; and other required regulatory reports specific to Long Term Care functions.
6. Performs special projects such as researching information, summarizing data, evaluating alternatives and preparing narrative or statistical reports.
7. Performs such office administrative tasks as updating internal procedures, acting as the office automation administrator, maintaining an inventory of supplies and forms, providing for equipment maintenance, overseeing filing systems and updating internal procedures and forms, opens, reviews and distributes interoffice and external mail; may plan, assign, direct and review the work of a small office support staff.
8. Prepares a variety of letters, memos, procedures and other written material; may enter information into and access multiple databases or use information from various sources to prepare such materials.
9. Prepares contract documentation and processes requests for payment for professional service and related contracts; ensures that contract provisions are met and that appropriate approvals are received.
10. Processes a variety of personnel forms including examination and certification requests and payroll documentation; reviews forms for completeness and conformance to rules and regulations; maintains confidential personnel and related records; answers employee questions regarding personnel procedures and conducts orientations for new employees.
11. Reviews a variety of documents related to the operations of the unit for conformance to program regulations and procedures; researches and makes corrections as required;
Education: High Diploma or GED required. A.A. Degree or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: The equivalent of three years experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from an accredited college/university program.