Assistant Manager, Diagnostic & Interventional Services Scheduling
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- SYS Imaging Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26805-17782
- Posted: May 27, 2020
SUMMARY: Supervises daily activities and professional development of Diagnostic and Interventional Services scheduling coordinators, receptionists, and administrative assistants across the system within Imaging and Cardiology. Responds to questions, needs and concerns of above staff, patients, and referring providers including ensuring appropriate authorization for payment of services of all scheduled activities. Escalates as appropriate to senior leadership.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Communicate with Site Imaging and Cardiology Clinical Supervisors relevant issues with regards to access as it relates to third next available appointment (TNAA) and technological staffing on a regular and ongoing basis.
2. Design, implement , and maintain appropriate scheduling protocols as necessary; periodically review existing protocols for accuracy and service orientation.
3. Develop and analyze productivity reports for scheduler activities, Third Next Available Appointment and other reports as assigned.
4. Develops collaborative relationship with all referring providers
5. Ensures authorizations are obtained and current for all exams to ensure revenue flow.
6. Ensures delivery of the Federal Mammography Quality Standards Act (1992) required patient communication
7. Maintain file room/release of Imaging/Radiologic information in accordance with regulatory standards and AHS policy and procedures. - -
8. Responsible for day-to-day supervision of system wide scheduling/coordination staff for Imaging and Cardiology; Includes but is not limited to: staffing, mentoring, motivation, training evaluation and progressive discipline.
9. Collaborates with Imaging and Cardiology Providers to ensure appropriate flow for scheduling of complex diagnostic and interventional services, including but not limited to biopsy, cardiac cath, interventional radiology. Includes but is not limited to triage of ordered examinations.
10. Collaborates with interdisciplinary service lines to coordinate care including but not limited to: Surgery, Breast Clinic, Laboratory
11. Evaluates on a daily and ongoing basis system utilization of all resources to ensure timely access and utilization for all patients across the AHS system in all modalities. (Triage scheduling activities)
12. Collaborates regularly with admitting management to ensure timeliness of patient flow and revenue.
13. Collaborates with authorization, revenue integrity, and patient access to ensure up to date ICD10-CPT coding is appropriate for examinations ordered prior to scheduling to ensure patient flow and revenue.
14. Performs related duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Preferred Experience: Healthcare supervisory experience; Release of Information experience. Required Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
Required Experience: Two years in a lead or supervisory role.