AHD HIM Technician II
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Medical Records
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26611-17620
- Posted: May 22, 2020
SUMMARY: Under direction, supports the AHS Health Information Management (HIM) department. Performs a wide variety of specialized routine and non-routine HIM functions within established standard policies, procedures, and processes. Will also be responsible for regular analysis and auditing of the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Able to perform all duties of a HIM Technician I.
2. Monitors incoming documents daily and provides timely completion of HIM functions according to policy.
3. Effectively prioritizes assignments and workflow to ensure that all patient data is entered within specified turnaround times.
4. Reviews scanned documents for accuracy and makes corrections to maintain established accuracy rates.
5. Performs quality control reviews and remediation of scanned data into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) within established turnaround times.
6. Perform Regulatory Chart Review audits as needed.
7. Researches patient demographic information to ensure correct match to the electronic record.
8. Uses patient demographics such as name, date of birth, or social security number, to verify patient identity in the EHR.
9. Reviews and researches EHR to ensure no duplication of records occurs.
10. Maintains integrity of the EHR.
11. EHR analysis of physician documentation in accordance with Joint Commission, Title 22, CMS, and other regulatory standards.
12. Analyzes and appropriately assigns incomplete medical records to physicians for completion.
13. Provides accurate data and reporting for physician suspension process.
14. Verifies accurate interface of orders, results, and reports to ensure that all expected records accurately file into the EHR.
15. Maintains strictest confidentiality of patient information and observes the privacy needs of patients at all times.
16. Processes release of information in response to subpoenas and other requests within established turnaround times and maintains compliance with all applicable regulations and policies.
17. Maintains accurate tracking of paper medical record including medical record destruction in accordance with policies and procedures.
18. Performs Vital Statistics responsibilities to include birth and death registry processing.
19. Serves as a liaison between Health Information Management and other departments as needed.
Education: Associate's Degree or Equivalent (may be replaced by three years acute care HIM Experience).
Minimum Experience: Recent three months acute care hospital HIM/electronic health record experience to include analysis, regulatory monitoring, release of information, vital statistics, scanning, indexing, data analysis, and reporting in an EHR environment.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Business or Related Field.
Preferred License/Certification: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).