Designated Institutional Official
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- PG Educ Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26717-17706
- Posted: May 22, 2020
SUMMARY: Responsible for oversight and administration of the organization’s ACGME accredited programs including maintaining compliance with the ACGME Institutional, Common, specialty/sub-specialty specific requirements of all GME training programs in the organization, collaborating with GME Committee, the Department Chairs, operational and clinical leadership.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow; oversees budget activity.
2. Engages the residents, faculty physicians and stakeholders in behaviors, attitudes, and policies that support diversity, equity and inclusion.
3. Responsible for development of GME policies and procedures in conjunction with institutional GMEC.
4. Oversees and certifies annual update of ACGME’s accreditation data system (ADS).
5. In conjunction with GME Department, creates and oversees program affiliation agreements.
6. Leads institutional involvement with the NRMP, ERAS and other match entities.
7. Monitors the responses by the programs to actions recommended by the GMEC, reviews and cosigns (self or designee) all program information forms and document or correspondence submitted to the ACGME by Residency Program Directors; initiates and oversees resulting changes/alterations.
8. Makes recommendations to the Chief Medical Officer and others within Executive Leadership re potential strategic direction of opportunities of expanding the post graduate training within the system; initiates and oversees activities resulting from approved recommendations.
9. Manages residency work force analysis related to diversity and inclusion; oversees necessary enhancements where needed to strengthen this initiative.
10. Oversees and drives the development, implementation and training within the GME program related to cultural competency, gender differences, disability and sexual harassment.
11. Performs clinical duties in respective specialty under the supervision of the department chair and/or division chief.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Medical Doctoral degree (M.D. or D.O.).
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
Required Experience: Experience as a Program Director or Designated Institutional Official within a graduate medical education environment.
Preferred Experience: Experience in advancing a culture and climate of diversity and inclusion.
Required Licenses/Certifications: California Medical License/Board Certification.