- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Pharmacy
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 26360-17421
- Posted: May 19, 2020
SUMMARY: Under direction, to compound, prepare, dispense and maintain control of drugs and pharmaceutical supplies in a county hospital or outpatient clinic; and to do related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Compounds, prepares, packages and dispenses drugs and pharmaceuticals according to federal and state law requirements; supervises Pharmacy Technicians and other support staff on above duties.
2. Keeps or supervises records of drugs, poisons, and controlled substances ordered, received, and supply on hand as required by Federal and State laws; estimates needs and orders drugs, pharmaceuticals and chemicals as needed to maintain an adequate supply.
3. Keeps informed of new drugs and pharmaceutical developments; services as a pharmaceutical consultant to medical and nursing staff.
4. Reviews the proper storage of drugs on nursing stations, pharmacies or outpatient clinics; removes all outdated drugs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a valid pharmacy license issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.