Network Engineer III
- Oakland, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IT Infrastructure
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 26800-17777
- Posted: June 30, 2020
SUMMARY: The Network Engineer III functions as the network and telecommunications engineering lead responsible for facilitating appropriate connectivity & communications requirements and solutions in support of the mission, vision, and business objectives of the organization. The Network Engineer III will be responsible for optimizing network infrastructure and services. This position supports the availability and performance of accessing applications and information that contributes to operational efficiency. The Network Engineer III focuses on network reliability (data and voice networks), optimization, integration, and standardization for the organization. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN, VOIP).
2. Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices.
3. Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery).
4. Designing and implement functional network and voice infrastructure.
5. Mentor a team of engineers to troubleshoot and optimize our networks for our users.
6. Advises and educates management on their relative importance and impact on networking.
7. Collaborates with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data access and delivery.
8. Collaborates with IS Leadership, establishes and implements network infrastructure goals.
9. Designs network infrastructure to be scalable, compatible, and agile.
10. Maximizes opportunities to leverage the existing infrastructure, tools, assets, and resources.
11. Oversees the ongoing development and operations of network management systems to ensure reliability and performance.
12. Provides innovation in the provision of enterprise connectivity and services to ensure data communication reliability and security to support clinical and administrative functions.
13. Remains current with industry network infrastructure and security trends.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Project Management, Engineering or related field.
Minimum Experience: Five years of increasing technical experience in an IT infrastructure position. Experience and knowledge of best practices related to enterprise network infrastructure. Experience with network architecture strategies and creating sustainable networking environments.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Cisco CCNA (Collaboration and/or Routing & Switching).
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Cisco CCNP (Collaboration and/or Routing & Switching), Citrix CCA, and VMware VCP certifications.
Additional Details: Knowledge and experience on legacy collaboration systems (Nortel, Avaya, NEC, Mitel etc) is a plus.