SLH Environmental Services Worker
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Housekeeping
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 26740-17724
- Posted: May 26, 2020
SUMMARY: The SLH EVS worker works under close supervision, performs a variety of housekeeping duties in the Hospital in accordance with standard infection control procedures; keeps an assigned area clean and orderly. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in
this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties
listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Transports and empties trash and sharp objects receptacles by depositing refuse in specified collection areas.
2. Performs other duties as required, such as cleaning light fixtures, wall vents, dusting, and moving furniture.
3. Keeps records of work accomplished; fills out daily log sheet.
4. Cleans isolation rooms, and examining tables following special cleaning procedures.
5. Power Wash gurneys every 6 months.
6. Cleans walls, windows, blinds and shades; changes cubicle curtains and draperies. Cleans, disinfects (with dispatch bleach wipes), mops, and maintains bathrooms in a clean and sanitary condition; keeps soap, toilet tissue and paper towel dispensers stocked; using our 10 step cleaning process. Disinfects commodes, wipes out side and pole of Alaris pumps after Nursing has cleaned inside. Cleans Nurse station's, clean and soiled utility rooms, storage rooms, and shower rooms. Cleans and restocks housekeeping cart, keeps janitor closets clean.
7. Maintains an assigned area in a clean and orderly condition; sweeps, mops, dusts, and arranges furniture; vacuums rugs and/or buffs floors using industrial or domestic type vacuum cleaners and buffers. Makes beds and; places clean linen in rooms; empties trash into containers to be picked up; washes beds in check-out units and others on a routine basis.
8. May intermittently perform routine duties usually assigned to Hospital Maintenance Porters (e.g. stripping floors using various electrical and mechanical cleaning equipment).
9. May operate incinerators and trash compactor on permanent or rotating assignment.
10. Sets up beds and tables in ward area as directed; sets up and cleans meeting rooms; moves furniture and may use a platform truck, dolly, or desk mover. Puts supplies away, keeps dock area and bio-haz and haz.waste areas clean.
11. Complete all elearning assigned.
12. Practice AIDET in all that we do.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: High School Education; and/or at least one year hospital experience. Minimum Experience: Equivalent of six months full-time cleaning experience in hospitals or commercial buildings.