Certified Nursing Assistant
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- FMT Skilled Nursing Facility
- Part Time - Day
- Req #: 26690-17685
- Posted: June 3, 2020
SUMMARY: Under close supervision, performs a variety of para-professional nursing tasks relating to the care treatment of patients in the hospital or clinic. Perform routine inpatient and/or outpatient nursing duties that do not require a license. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in this classification.
1. Assists patients with meals, personal hygiene and incontinent care; gives cleansing and retention enemas to patients; assist in catheterization and bladder irrigations.
2. Assists registered nurse and licensed vocational nurses in administering treatment and other nursing tasks as needed; promptly answers call lights promptly and administers to patient comfort and safety by adjusting beds, lights, bed rails, pillows, patients' clothing and bedside tables/equipment; observes and reports any deviation in patients' condition/status; keeps patient areas clean and orderly.
3. Obtains and sets up suction equipment; performs nasal and tracheal suctions; administers oxygen using tents and masks; turns and positions patients; assists patients to and from wheelchairs and gurneys; and assists patients with ambulation and crutch walking.
4. Takes patients' vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure); performs routine tests such as urine dip stick, urine pregnancy test, vision and hearing tests and promptly reports findings to supervising personnel; administers simple range of motion exercises; assists in application of traction devices; positions and drapes patients for examination or treatment; transports patients to other areas of the hospital in wheelchair or gurneys.
5. When assigned as a sitter, responsible for but not limited to protecting the patient(s)/resident(s) from harm and assiting in meeting their emotional and physical needs through one-to-one continuous observation. Provide on-going observation and basic patient care. Educate patients on health related topics or discharge information per scope of duties.
6. When assigned to an outpatient setting, prepares examination room, ensuring that it is stocked with the necessary supplies, equipment and instruments for the type of clinic to be held; weighs, takes and documents patients' vital signs; assists physicians or midlevel practitioners during the examinations as directed; collects, labels and takes specimens to the lab; assists in the maintenance of a clean and well supplied clinical area; stocks shelves and monitors expiration of medical supplies and medications.
Education: High School diploma or GED with additional training a minimum. College graduate preferred.
Minimum Experience: Six months para-professional nursing training as a Hospital Services Trainee with AHS or the equivalent of one year full-time recent experience performing work comparable to a Nursing Assistant in a hospital or medical facility.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current Nursing Assistant certification (required for positions at Highland and Fairmont Hospitals).