This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH CLINICAL LABORATORY
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26439-17478
- Posted: May 27, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs difficult clerical work, requiring the exercise of considerable initiative and judgment, within the framework of the hospital or department policies and procedures. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform related duties at an equivalent level. Not all the duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Coordinates clerical activities of an office, relieving professional staff of clerical detail; orders medical, pharmaceutical, office, and other types of supplies and equipment; initiates calls to other AHS Departments, nursing homes, contractors, or others to obtain information; independently prepares monthly or quarterly reports providing cost or expenditure information; quantity of items used or services rendered, or related information; may act in a lead capacity over another full or part-time employee.
2. Coordinates installation, work dates, and billing information regarding electronic communications equipment with the phone company and AHS Departments; assists in resolving communication-related problems; contacts vendors to order specialitems; computes costs and maintains billing and charge information; maintains inventory of electronic communications equipment.
3. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity and rights of all patients, families,
visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
4. Independently travels to other AHS Department locations or other agencies to obtain files, research, or clarify information.
5. Interviews patients, clients, or inmates to secure basic personal, financial, medical, school data in order to complete appropriate forms.
6. Takes information on emergency calls and answers general inquiries.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: One year of experience in the class of Clerk II or in an equivalent or higher-level clerical class at AHS, or the equivalent of two years of full-time clerical experience.
Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department.