SLH Materials Handler
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Central Service & Supply
- Part Time - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 25994-17150
- Posted: April 1, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, The SLH Material Handler requisitions, orders, issues, delivers, receives and warehouse supplies/equipment, maintains inventory records and provides input regarding minimum stock levels and rates of usage. Sorts/distributes mail and moves heavy objects, including furniture and equipment. Assigned to various supply functions for a majority of the work time that falls within at least one of the following criteria: (1) Interdepartmental or system-wide receiving, storing and distributing supply duties and responsibilities; (2)Working in a warehouse or central stores environment; loading and unloading whole truck loads of goods; redistributing existing large inventories within warehouses; issuing and wrapping bulk items for deliveries; transporting linen exchange carts; (3) Supply duties and responsibilities that are assigned for a specialized inventory such as, med/surg. Responsible for the proper receipt, storage, security or issuance of goods. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Issues and distributes supplies, instruments, and equipment to patient-care units throughout the hospital; makes ward rounds and stocks storerooms with predetermined inventory levels of supplies; labels, dates inspects and rotates supplies; returns items to Central Supply as needed. Receives, identifies, stores, rotates, issues a variety of supplies, equipment; checks that item delivered matches item ordered. May stocks crash carts with predetermined inventory of medical supplies; checks oxygen tanks on crash carts for proper operation; responds to code blue calls by transporting a back-up crash cart to the code blue site.
2. Performing routine supply or warehousing duties. May do all receiving and delivering of supplies and equipment for one location; may inventory all fixed assets (furniture and equipment) at a facility; may operate motor vehicles in the performance of duties. Maintains departmental requisition files, filing of receivers and other related records, retrieving records requested to assist in resolving invoice discrepancies and related problems.
3. Ensure incoming supplies are stocked first in first out basis. Performs periodic cycle counts and checks for outdates as part of stocking activity. Sets up stocks of supplies at a variety of work locations. Takes physical inventory and maintains manual records of stock issues, received or surveyed, and on hand. Accurate and timely data entry into automated inventory systems. May be required to do a daily physical inventory.
4. Maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of the work area or storeroom. Keep warehouse a clean and safe environment; making sure shelves are not stacked overhead too high. Break down empty boxes as needed.
5. Retrieve messages from warehouse voicemail and respond in a timely manner to all requests or forward message to appropriate person to respond.
6. Inputs, processes and receives stock and stockless requirements each day. Make sure packing slip corresponds with P.O. for accurate Accounting process. Expedites delivery of overnight, time sensitive material.
7. Receives, sorts and processing mail from the U.S. Post Office. Pulls in-house mail to physicians and delivers to on campus offices. Processes mass mailers as required by P.R./Marketing. May also be assigned to receive, sort, and deliver USPS, Fedex or other priority mail in the mail room thought out the medical center. Run and apply postage on automated postage machine, including dispatch and pick up of specimens or packages to deliver to other internal department or external service providers.
8. Operates a large duplicating machine in a central copy center to produce forms, manuals, and other documents; prioritizes jobs; adjusts settings and quantities and performs routine maintenance tasks; maintains production and cost records; operates related equipment such as hole driller, binder, paper cutter, and padding equipment; orders and maintains stock of paper supplies. Keeps record of copy machine counts for all machines in house on a regular basis and report to leasing company.
9. Performs any and all other duties as assigned by department leaders. Taking on extra projects as required by leaders.
10. Able to work in computer system to obtain receiving information as needed and to report any discrepancies to Purchasing staff.
11. Operates equipment related to job, such as pneumatic tubes, dollies, hand and platform trucks/carts, paper counters, shrink wrap, pallet jacks, roller conveyor, and forklift truck, if trained and qualified.
12. Receives stock that supports an office environment, organizational inventory or outside vendors, check for damage and quantity, determines whether orders conform with invoice; stores stock in accordance with previously established systems; provides input regarding minimum stock level; rates of usage, and may recommend minimum stock.
13. Communicates and is first point to initiate damage claims with appropriate carrier and the Purchasing department. Prepares brief statistical summaries of supply activities.
14. Receives supplies form AHS stores and outside vendors; telephones pre-designated contracted vendors regularly; makes telephone orders for specific materials; tracks packages using on-line vendor tracking software.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Preferred Education: Associate's degree or some college coursework preferred. Minimum Experience: Three years experience in a health care environment or related health care setting is desired. Required Licenses/Certifications: Current California driver's license.