- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Full Time - Varies
- Req #: 26458-17494
- Posted: March 24, 2020
SUMMARY: Responsible for the oversight and coordination of the organization’s security policy, programs and protocol necessary to provide protection for patients, families, employees, vendors, facilities and miscellaneous property.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Acts as chief liaison to the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department and other appropriate law enforcement, emergency preparedness and transportation agencies, as appropriate.
2. Consults with other leaders (Facilities, Environmental Services, Risk Management, Human Resources etc.) to evaluate and maintain best practices.
3. Develops and maintains overall security management plan, including ongoing operational and contingency planning.
4. Negotiates and manages contracts/service agreements for outside multi-site security support.
5. Performs ongoing security assessments, including evaluating preparedness, training, drills, response time, potential liability etc.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7. Responsible for all applicable Joint Commission Emergency Management Chapter, Environment of Care Chapter, CMS, and California Department of Public Health requirements to include reporting, planning, developing and implementation.
8. Reviews incident reports, evaluates factors (severity, response time/strength) and procedures; implements changes as needed.
9. Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests ways to develop skills; monitors workflow.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Required Experience: Five years progressive management experience within a security environment.
Preferred Experience: Security experience within healthcare system; emergency management experience; law enforcement experience.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Healthcare Protection Administrator Certification (CHPA)