SLH Vice President, Patient Care Services; Community Hospitals
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Hospital Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26469-17501
- Posted: April 6, 2020
As the Vice President of Patient Care Services for San Leandro Hospital, you will be accountable for the delivery of quality, compassionate, culturally competent, cost effective nursing care, including but not limited to, inpatient nursing, perioperative, emergency services and respiratory services.
NOTE:The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow.
2. Collaborates with Nursing, Quality Services, Medical Staff and other hospital departments to formulate corrective plans that correlate to the identifiedopportunities forimprovement.
3. Coordinates plans of correction and monitoring when necessary.
4. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies and established hospitalstandards, practices andprocedures.
5. Ensures the implementation and monitoring of the nursing strategic plan.
6. Evaluates and analyzes statistical data to identify trends or opportunities for improvement utilizing appropriate statisticaltechniques.
7. In conjunction with others within the leadership team, ensures licensure and accreditation compliance.
8. Interprets and implements The Joint Commission (TJC) and State andFederal regulations pertaining to nursingpractice.
9. Investigates, evaluates and recommends problem-solving methodologieswhere outcomes would necessitate correctiveactions.
10. Responsible for budget development, monitoring, administration andcontrol.
11. Using Shared Governance, monitors nursing practice toreduce variation & sustainimprovements.
12. Performs other duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in nursing or related field required (Health Administration, Business, Public Health Management, etc.)
Preferred Education: Master's Degree in Nursing or related field.
Required Experience: Seven years of management experience in the direct supervision within a healthcare environment; experience in developing performance improvement processes.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California; BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: ANCC or other recognized National Certification in Nursing Administration preferred.