It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Alameda Health System has a workforce dedicated to excellence. Our current staff help make AHS the best place in Alameda County to learn and to work. AHS’s leadership deeply appreciates the individual’s contributions of all who serve our patients and their families, directly or behind the scenes.
One of our mottos is “Serving All” and that is evident by our employees who are also a part of the culturally diverse communities we serve. AHS is dedicated to helping members of the AHS family excel in their jobs, fulfill career milestones, and embrace the AHS pledge of top performance. We are investing in more training and equipment that support our caregivers’ ability to do what they do best, from recently implementing EPIC to better serve our patients, and support our staff to investing in top of the line medical equipment in various clinical departments across our hospitals and wellness centers.
If you join us, we desire you to be compassionate, informed, and engaged because we know those employees deliver quality care and improved outcomes for our patients. Please visit our jobs page to see if there is a place for YOU at Alameda Health System!
SUMMARY: Under direction of the Director of Quality and Safety Programs, supports multi-disciplinary quality improvement team(s) in creating, investigating, analyzing, and executing quality improvement projects across multiple settings in; performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Supports multiple performance improvement teams to collect data, monitor progress and report on multiple preset measures to meet targets for improvement.
2. Supports teams to implement organizational and system-wide strategies for continuous quality improvement and cultivate a quality-supportive climate.
3. Create and utilize value stream/process maps of operational workflow to create and support plans for improvement.
4. Utilize tools and techniques for process improvement to meet targets across multiple operational areas, including root cause analysis.
5. Coordinate with and support team leaders and members for becoming a cohesive work force able to effectively and continuously work to increase quality and improve processes.
6. Mentor team members on use of process flow tools for improvement when necessary.
7. Apply cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit, and cost-utility analyses for programmatic prioritization and decision making.
8. Support assigned teams to identify data sources, identify and collect data items needed and obtain/present reports.
9. Work with other data analysts across the AHS enterprise to develop reports and analysis that support overall quality targets and goals.
10. Support team leaders and members to identify opportunities for improvement and drive for results.
11. Monitor and support work plan trajectory for each team.
12. Meeting facilitation; provide meeting support, including tracking meetings and deadlines, maintaining roster, sending reminder emails to members, ensuring meeting decisions & action items are recorded and distributed.
13. Work with team leaders and members and other quality staff to monitor and evaluate programs, communicate their effectiveness/ ongoing sustaining quality; create communication and/or education tools, periodic bulletins, and conduct trainings and/ or workshops for frontline staff.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in healthcare environment, business or other related field required.
Preferred Education: Master's degree in healthcare environment, business or other related field or Bachelor's degree plus significant relevant experience with progressive levels of responsibility preferred.
Required Experience: Three years experience in health-related process and quality improvement role.
Preferred Experience: Experience in process improvement models, e.g. Improvement Model, PDSA, Lean-six sigma, etc., healthcare coaching and supporting improvement teams with data, meeting facilitation and support and process improvement tools.