Vice President, Revenue Cycle
- San Leandro, CA
- Patient Financial Svcs - Facil
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25310-16601
- Posted: March 17, 2020
SUMMARY: The Vice-President, Revenue Cycle directs, manages and implements programs to ensure maximum efficiency and the incorporation of industry best practices for all phases of the patient revenue cycle at AHS and performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Ensures that all Admitting, Registration and Patient Accounting activities are in compliance with current County, State and Federal regulations.
2. Defines and meets revenue cycle performance goals and metrics. Evaluates the performance and effectiveness of management and staff related to the revenue cycle metrics across the Medical Center and works to continuously improve performance and outcomes.
3. Designs, conducts, and executes education and training programs for AHS management to meet or enhance revenue opportunities and resolve compliance issues.
4. Develops audit standards and practices to ensure timely and accurate cash posting and application of funds, adjustments, write-offs and account transfers. Approves write-off, adjustments and refunds within limits per AHS policy.
5. Implements processes to ensure revenue integrity in all revenue producing departments. These processes include charge reconciliation to services performed, the use of appropriate charges and compliant billing codes, daily cash receipt reconciliation and the minimization of late or missing charges.
6. Maintains programs and infra-structure to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction that includes patient friendly billing, minimal waiting times, prompt service recovery and a satisfying patient experience.
7. Maintains the AHS charge masters to ensure that all new and existing services are classified into appropriate payer codes, clearly described and rationally priced.
8. Manages the Patient Accounting, Professional Fee Billing, Revenue Integrity and Registration departmental budgets; prepares departmental financial and operating reports, makes recommendations on strategies for reducing operating costs and increasing revenues; develops and maintains internal policies and procedures.
9. Monitors actual payments against third party contract terms and works with payors to reconcile under or over payments. Monitors and manage accounts receivables for each payer to meet A/R targets and maximize cash collections. Prepares and forecasts monthly cash flow statements for all net patient revenue including supplemental payments.
10. Recommends and facilitates the implementation of new and updated information systems specific to the needs of the revenue cycle. Identifies and communicates system problems, enhancements, upgrades to all relevant staff and departments.
Education: Due to the unique requirements of this position, there is no specific educational requirements other than those inherent in gaining the requisite experience requirement described below.
Minimum Experience: Ten years progressively responsible revenue cycle management experience, including experience directing the overall revenue cycle of a complex healthcare system. This will include experience managing Admissions and Registration, Centralized Scheduling, Health Information Management, and Patient Financial Services.