Supervisor, Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH CLINICAL LABORATORY
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26327-17393
- Posted: March 17, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general direction, to supervise the clinical lab operations at ACMC on night and weekend shifts; to assist with the planning, development and evaluation of lab procedures; and to perform other related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Supervises, trains, and evaluates the work performance of subordinate staff; assigns work and advises P.M.’s, night and weekend personnel staff on procedures, techniques, unusual findings and difficult determinations; plans work schedules; writes performance evaluations and recommends disciplinary action.
2. Assists in implementing and overseeing quality control and test procedures in the laboratory; assures that test procedures, equipment and policies comply with standards specified by licensing and regulatory agencies; assesses the value of new procedures, products and equipment that would provide quality testing; develops operating procedures.
3. Assists in the preparation of laboratory budget; maintains time and attendance records; collects and assembles various laboratory data needed in preparing periodic reports; acts as departmental representative at various hospital staff and committee meetings.
4. Confers with Chief Technologist or Laboratory Operations Manager to clarify problems, policies, programs and unusual matters; provides consultative services to physicians on which laboratory tests area available and provides quality and timely testing; keeps informed of current trends and new developments in the field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Either I Experience: Four years of experience in the class of Clinical Laboratory Scientist II with ACMC (lead or supervisory experience is desirable). OR II. Experience: One year of experience in the class of Clinical Laboratory Scientist III with ACMC. OR III. Experience: The equivalent of four years full-time experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a licensed clinical laboratory, including at least one-year in a supervisory capacity. (A Master's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field may substitute for one-year of non-supervisory experience. A PhD in Biology, Chemistry, or related field may substitute for an additional two years of non-supervisory experience).