AHD Director, Nursing Services - Park Bridge
- Alameda, CA
- Park Bridge
- PB Nursing
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25921-17087
- Posted: March 3, 2020
SUMMARY: The AHD Director, Nursing Services - Park Bridge provides clinical direction with 24-hour 7-day a week responsibility for nursing services at Park Bridge. The incumbent is responsible for promoting quality patient care and nursing services on a continuous basis, combining knowledge, skills of leadership, performance/quality improvement, communication, operations and business; assures that short-term objectives and budgets are consistent with long-range plans and developments anticipated for the future. The role is expected and encouraged to function independently within the framework of AHS and the Nursing Services philosophy and objectives, policies and budgetary framework. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Ensure optimal patient experience and internal customer service, in alignment with the service metrics as outlined in the service plan.
2. Ensures appropriate management of personnel through staff development, performance evaluations, goal setting and when necessary, progressive discipline.
3. Ensures compliance with state and federal licensing regulations and/or accreditation programs within areas of responsibility.
4. Establishes departmental goals, objectives, and budgets in accordance with the Medical Center’s mission and strategic plans, assuring that short-term objectives and budgets are consistent with long-term plans anticipated for the future.
5. Functions independently within the framework of the Medical Center and Nursing Services strategic direction, philosophy, goals and objectives, policies and budgetary circumstances.
6. Maintains quality patient care service by planning developing, implementing and evaluating policies, procedures, patient care standards, programs and/or services consistent with the overall goals, objectives and activities of the Medical Center.
7. Participates in the development and oversight of quality programs, activities and performance improvement to measure, assess and improve the quality of Nursing/Patient Care delivered to the patients.
8. Promotes a positive image of the Medical Center in a relationship with other institutions, regulatory bodies and community organizations.
9. Serves as a resource for other Medical Center staff and the community.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, health or business administration.
Minimum Experience: Five years progressive management experience; in a leadership/management level position and in clinical/specialty area(s). Involvement in professional organizations/activities and experience with achieving C.A.R.F. Certification, preferred.
Minimum Experience: Five years experience in management of Skilled Nursing and/or Rehabilitative Services Program/service development experience preferred.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Certification in clinical specialty.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid California Registered Nurse’s (RN) License.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid BLS certification.