Supervisor, Engineering Services
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Facilities Maintenance
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26285-17356
- Posted: February 27, 2020
Job Summary: The Supervisor, Engineering Services will assist the Manager, Engineering Services with coordiation of engineering activities, continuous improvement, determining staffing requirements, and mentoring of employees. The incumbent will support coordination and supervision of facilities maintenance, repair and operations of the Engineering Services department in assigned area of responsibility. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Note: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. As requested, participates in/assists with inspections by regulatory agencies.
2. Assists in creating, administering and inspecting program (general cleanliness, safety, hazardous material, facility maintenance, code compliance).
3. Assists in managing the computerized building management systems and preventative maintenance program; initiates maintenance work orders and/or requisitions to accomplish non-routine repairs; determines through subordinates major repair needs of facilities and equipment to support on-going major maintenance program.
4. Assists in providing training for the department.
5. Assists the Manager, Engineering Services to manage the facility operation. This includes managing the following functions: maintenance, installation repairs and includes managing the following functions: maintenance, installation repairs and upgrades of electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and gardening systems.
6. Collaborates with Manager, Engineering Service in hiring decisions, performance reviews, discipline and reviews/approves timesheets and other employee time reports, as appropriate.
7. Coordinates code compliance, project management, construction management and contract management of AHS facilities.
8. In the absence of the Manager, Engineering Services, supervises the facilities and engineering activities within assigned area of responsibility; collects and holds documentation and notifies the Manager, Engineering Services of any and all issues that may arise.
9. May participate in committees, task force, and other ad hoc groups as assigned; acts as the representative of the Manager, Engineering Services for the department.
10. Schedules and coordinates departmental training; collects and distributes work orders; reassigns tasks as situations change; organizes the work of groups of employees working together.
11. With the Manager, Engineering Services develops, maintains and coordinates facility.
Education: Associate’s Degree or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Two years in a lead or supervisory experience in a medical organization in the operational and maintenance of a hospital or healthcare organization.
Required Licenses/Certifications within nine months of placement into the position:
(1) possession of a universal CFC (Chloro-Fluoro-Carbon) Certificate, mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency for servicing refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
(2) 60/40 Medical Gas Certification.
(3) Weekly Fire Pump Certification State of California. *Valid California Driver’s License.