This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Housekeeping
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 26086-17215
- Posted: June 1, 2020
SUMMARY: Under direction, to supervise the work of housekeeping personnel performing cleaning functions in a large Hospital System; to train new employees; to inspect individual work areas for cleanliness and orderliness; to expedite work by making reassignments to cover absenteeism or emergency situations; to supervise the moving of furniture, offices; rearranging and assembling of hospital furniture and equipment; to assure compliance with hospital waste removal and compliance with all policies and procedures; and, to do other related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assists in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures and standards of work performance.
2. Inspects employee work area for adequate performance, and informs employee of work that needs to be completed daily. Compiles inspection report data and findings monthly or as required by the Executive Director. Provides a written reports and implements a plan of correction with ongoing reporting compliance.
3. Assists in the training of new employees by means of demonstration of the use of each cleaning agent and appliance, by assigning them to work with experienced employees, or through classroom structure.
4. Assists the Executive Director in meeting compliance with JCAHO, federal, state and local regulations.
5. Assists the Executive Director in making up work assignments and in determining placement of employees. Prepares work schedules and makes reassignments to cover vacations, sick leave, and days off.
6. Reviews and evaluates the work of individual employees, this includes responsibility for implementing disciplinary action, suspensions, sick leave monitoring, inadequate work performance, etc. Will conduct employee performance evaluations as required.
7. Assigns tasks to employees and adjust assignments to cover absenteeism or emergency situations.
8. Investigates complaints from other hospital sections and implements policies and procedures as needed.
9. Supervises the movement or delivery of beds, furniture and other equipment to unit/wards and works with the Executive Director to implement a plan for equipment requiring repairs and replacements.
10. Performs daily inspections of employees work assignments and tasks in specific areas to assure compliance with all policies and procedures.
11. Maintain a current inventory of supplies and equipment, and assures all staff are provided with the supplies and equipment needed to complete their tasks.
12. Represents and participates in committees and task forces as assigned by the Executive Director.
13. Supports and carries out the Mission and Goals of the Hospital and Department.
14. Provides supervisory coverage when other supervisors or the Assistant Executive Director is not available.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: I. Experience: The equivalent of three years experience in a hospital class equivalent to or higher than Housekeeping Worker in the Alameda County Medical Center or Alameda County service. OR II. Experience The equivalent of two years of increasingly responsible experience, including one year equivalent in a supervisory capacity, in a large hospital housekeeping department. (Completion of an approved Housekeeping internship will be accepted in lieu of the required experience.)