This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Dietary Services
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 25906-17078
- Posted: February 10, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision the AHD Cook prepares, cooks, and dispenses food in quantity in a kitchen. Maintains cooking equipment and working areas. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Carves meat for serving, and serves or oversees the serving of food, ensuring the prompt apportionment of food to tray line and the cafeteria.
2. Cleans utensils and equipment and keeps working areas in good order; and maintains standards of safety and sanitation.
3. Cooks meat, fish, vegetables, soups, cereals and other foods, using steam-jacketed kettles, revolving or other large ovens, meat roasters and other commercial cooking equipment or kitchen equipment.
4. Delivers food to various locations promptly and safely.
5. Prepares salads and desserts as needed for cafeteria, patients and catering.
6. Prepares dough and bakes cakes, cookies and other pastries and desserts.
7. Prepares meats and vegetables for cooking, using electric meat grinders, vegetable peelers and slicers and hand tools.
8. Relieves others cooks for breaks; may act as Lead Cook on a relief or training basis; plans and/or helps plan recipes and follows oral and written instructions to prepare and cook all foods; weighs food items for cooking.
9. Requisitions, receives, inspects and stores food stuffs, and keeps supervisor informed of supplies needed.
10. Provides excellent customer service to all customers.
11. Demonstrates commitment to work unit and to AHS as a whole. Role models commitment to co-workers and patients. Seeks additional responsibilities.
12. Works well with others. Mentors and support team members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Experience: One year of experience in the class of Assistant Cook with Alameda Health System; OR two years of experience in quantity cooking for at least 200 people per meal in an institutional kitchen such as a hospital, juvenile detention center, prison facility, military installation or a large restaurant or hotel.